Audio setup question

Associate
Not sure if this is a question for in here or the console area

I have my gaming PC set up with Edifier speakers; they are connected via optical whilst I use DP to connect the monitor

I have my work laptop connected to the speakers via bluetooth but I'd like to bring a PS5 into the set up rather than connecting it to the TV downstairs

Is there a way I can do this or is the only option to connect the PS5 to my monitor with HDMI and let that output audio? My only concern with that is that the audio will be a worse quality than that of the speakers?

Thanks in advance

Thanks everyone and apologies for the slow reply

Been travelling today for work so catching up now on the train home

I did think of an amp, but seemed a bit overkill for a gaming / work pc setup

@Timber i was thinking that option, I’m sure the monitor has a headphone socket that I could connect to the rca ports on the speakers if the ps5 is connected to the monitor via hdmi

Just wondering if that was the best bet or if anyone had any experience or other options

Yeah I have tried the monitor speakers and like you say they aren't great hence why wanting to use the edifiers.

I have the Alienward AW3423DWF which has the line-out port on the rear so could use the 3.5mm to RCA lead to test how it works

Its just an idea at the moment. I dont use my PS5 that much since moving to PC for gaming but there are the odd games that I do play on the PS5 like Last of Us 1/2 and Uncharted although they seem to be coming out slowly on the PC so may not need it as there is less and less appealing PS5 exclusives

Back
Top Bottom