Caporegime
It wouldn't surprise me I've lost count how many stories I've seen of pink haired Antifa types being caught drawing Swastikas.

In today's news Jeff Bozos is donating $10b to global warming 'science', if you try to prove it's not happening or as serious as "we'll all be dead this time next year if we don't act" you don't get any though. There's your "consensus".

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
It's interesting this story vanished from our (UK) news media screens as soon as the mass arrests started.

It didn't disappear, and there were no mass arrests.

* in Victoria, 43 people were and arrested charged with deliberately starting fires between September 2018 and September 2019
* in New South Wales, 24 people were arrested and charged with deliberately starting fires between September 2019 and January 2020
* in Queensland, 109 people were variously cautioned, charged or sent to a restorative justice program for deliberately or maliciously starting fires of various kinds between September 2019 and January 2020

Only ~10% of this season's bushfires were deliberately lit.

Soldato
It didn't disappear, and there were no mass arrests.

* in Victoria, 43 people were and arrested charged with deliberately starting fires between September 2018 and September 2019
* in New South Wales, 24 people were arrested and charged with deliberately starting fires between September 2019 and January 2020
* in Queensland, 109 people were variously cautioned, charged or sent to a restorative justice program for deliberately or maliciously starting fires of various kinds between September 2019 and January 2020

Only ~10% of this season's bushfires were deliberately lit.

I'm just saying that on British tv news, when the news about over 100+ people have been arrested for deliberately starting fires the story as disappeared. It's never mentioned at all on the news here.

I'm not Australian, but I heard that some of the reason the bush fires situation got out of control was that some official body decided to change the rules on fire burning, which a lot of farmers do to their fields to burn off the dead grass. Seen as you're in Australia is there any truth in that?

Caporegime
OP
the news about over 100+ people have been arrested for deliberately starting fires

But this literally never happened. It's fake news.

I'm not Australian, but I heard that some of the reason the bush fires situation got out of control was that some official body decided to change the rules on fire burning, which a lot of farmers do to their fields to burn off the dead grass. Seen as you're in Australia is there any truth in that?

No, it's completely false. Back burning and hazard reduction burns are essential practices, entirely legal, and strongly encouraged. They are typically conducted during winter. Between 2010-2019 Australia conducted more prescribed burning than at any other time in our history.

The difficulty we're facing is that the window for safe prescribed burning has been considerably narrowed by climate change, so we have less time to get it all done before bushfire season starts. Not only that, but the fires we're seeing these days are so vast and powerful that they can cross barriers previously considered impassible. This season we've seen fires leaping across roads (which is normal) and rivers (which is not normal). Worse still, the fires have become large enough to generate their own local weather, including lighting strikes that start additional fires.

Finally, the fires destroyed areas where fuel reduction had already been carried out. Their size and ferocity enabled them to sweep through land which had already been cleared to the point where most bushfires would be unable to proceed due to lack of fuel. We've even seen fires moving across clear paddocks containing little more than stubble. Under normal circumstances this should be impossible. But we're living in a new 'normal.'

Back
Top Bottom