Auto Adjust Problems

Associate
Hi there,

I purchased the 'Belinea 2225S1W 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor' a few months back and all was fine until yesterday.

I received a new game in the post which recommended updating my graphics card drivers. Which I did. I downloaded the latest GeForce drivers. Once the install was complete, I hit Auto Adjust on the monitor to make sure I had the full picture. This appeared to move the screen 1cm down. So I now have a 1cm black band at the top of my screen, and am missing my taskbar at the bottom. Obviously this is highly annoying for tracking open windows / programs.

I can't for the life of me get this back. I tried rolling back the graphics card drivers. I tried re-installing the original packaged CD drivers. It seems to effect any widescreen resolution. When I set my PC to 1280 x 800, it also has the black band at the top and cropped off bottom.

Whilst at my normal resolution of 1680 x 1050, I tried to manually move the image up via the built in menus. But for some reason vertical is set at 0 and cannot be moved up at all.

I have a call in with the manufacturer, but I thought I'd post here in case anyone else has had this problem and can give me some advise.

Hopefully it's just some kind of software issue.

Thanks for any help :(

Soldato
Hi,

the output from the card can't be varied much, the driver only really affect how the image is complied not the output from the ramdac.

It's worth checking to see if the new graphics driver overwrote the refresh rate.

Check you manual for the monitor, usually it's 60Hz but some monitors need 75Hz or similar to properly lock the signal.

AD

Associate
OP
I recall the refresh rate being 60Hz before the new driver was installed.

And I can confirm that it is still 60Hz now.

Unless the new GeForce software has made additional settings somewhere that aren't showing in the Windows XP default Display Properties.

I'm baffled as to why the monitor itself won't even let me adjust the picture manually. I can adjust the horizontal, just not the vertical *ponders*

Associate
OP
Have you tried using 75Hz or a different PC?

I have only one option, and that is 60Hz.
And I do have the specific drivers installed for this monitor.

Have you tried bringing up the test pattern in the nvidia control panel then using auto adjust ?

I have tried that yes. Problem is still there, and I still can't adjust the picture :(

Soldato
I have only one option, and that is 60Hz.
And I do have the specific drivers installed for this monitor.

Try this:

1) Right click on your desktop and select "Properties"
2) Click on the Settings tab
3) Click "Advanced"
4) Click on the Monitor tab
5) Uncheck "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display"
6) Select 75 Hertz from the drop down box
7) Hit "Apply"

That'll force it into 75Hz even if Windows doesn't think it can do it - perhaps worth a try?

Associate
Call me stupid, but it sounds to me that this isn't a video card driver issue at all, but the actual monitor settings. If everything was fine until you hit the "auto adjust on the monitor" then it makes sense. Surely you must have a button on the front of the monitor to move the vertical setting upward somehow???

I've just downloaded the guide and it mentions on page 6 that the V. position geometry is definitely adjustable.
http://assets.maxdata.com/?id=101821

Give that a try and let us know how you get on...

Associate
OP
Surely you must have a button on the front of the monitor to move the vertical setting upward somehow???

As mentioned in the first post, the vertical positioning is locked on 0, can't move it up or down.

The problem seems to be corrected now, I'm not entirely sure how.

Here's what I did:

To test further I decided to plug my laptop in to the monitor. It's a widescreen laptop so I figured it would be a good test for running the monitor at 1280 x 800.

I booted the laptop up, set the resolution, then hit auto adjust. This time I was left with two 1" black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

So I decided at this point that the problem must be with the monitor. So I unplugged the laptop and plugged the monitor back into my base unit. I turned my computer on, booted into Windows, set the resolution back to 1680 x 1050, and hit auto adjust. This time the screen decided to fit perfectly with no problem, and my vertical position setting is responding again.

Maybe someone can shed some light on what exactly fixed it? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom