Availability of Seasonic modular cables?

Associate
Hi,

I have a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650W modular power supply. It came with two PCI-e cables, both of which have two 6/8 pin connectors on the graphics card end. My card only needs a single 8 pin connection, so I have the second one just hanging there.

To neaten things up in my case, I'd like to get hold of a PCI-e cable that has just the one 6/8 pin connector. According to the Seasonic web site, these are available, but don't come included with any of the Focus Plus Gold PSUs:

https://seasonic.com/focus-plus-gold#cables

Does anyone know where these can be purchased in the UK, or has anyone used any other make of cable that works with this PSU and is readily available?

Cheers

Man of Honour
I didn't like doing that either so what I do now is plug a extension cable onto the end of the 8 pin to neaten things up. To keep things inline with my colour scheme I do the same with the motherboard 24 pin and 8 pin leads as well. Extensions come in many colours and will fit any psu as they just plug onto the end's of the existing cables. It can get messy if you don't have plenty of room to hide the extra cable length though. For example:-

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £7.23 (includes shipping: £2.74)​

Associate
OP
Cheers, pastymuncher - that's a brilliant solution to the problem! I like it...

The case is a Fractal Define C TG, with the 3.5" drive chassis removed, so I've got plenty of space to hide the extra length. Apart from this issue with the PCIe cable, everything is nice and neat. I'm really impressed with the case - apart from the CPU LED cable that I had to loop up around the top heatsink everything else is pretty much out of sight - there are plenty of cut-outs and little gaps to get things like the the front panel and fan cables through.

Associate
OP
Yep... almost there after only 6.5 years :). At this rate I should gain access to the marketplace before the turn of the century. lol.

Cheers for the recommendation. I like the look of the Phanteks kits. Just need to decide on colours. White or black/white would go nicely with the case and fans, or orange would match the accents on the Aorus m/b, although all the LEDs are currently set to blue, so I'm having second thoughts about the orange. White/black is probably the nicer and more neutral choice.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The Akasa cable arrived yesterday and it's a big improvement. The case now looks a lot cleaner and neater - I've run the cable down the end of the card and straight into one of the rubber covered cutouts, so it's away from the fans.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

I got three bags of Haribo in the envelope too ;)

Back
Top Bottom