Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - *** WARNING: SPOILERS ***

Caporegime
To save the other thread from getting clogged up, and even though this is a thread designed for discussion of the movie after you've seen it, in line with OCUK Forum policy, and just to be nice in case anyone comes here via New Posts and doesn't see the thread title, please continue to use the Spoiler tags until the movie has been out for three weeks. In other words no 'unspoilered' plot points until Thursday May 17th. Even then, for anything truly Major (and the suspicion is that something truly eventful will happen) keep it spoilered.

I'm going to see it tomorrow night at the 3D IMAX in Glasgow. And I CANNOT wait.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

*** WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS ***

PROCEED BELOW AT YOUR OWN RISK - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

If you want to discuss the movie without fear of ruining the plot, the spoiler-free thread can be found here (link).

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Thanos is a don. Still processing but largely enjoyed that, did well to balance all of those characters. The humour wasn't too much like GoTG Volume 2. I liked Ebony Maw but the other three were a little underwhelming. That ending.......

Soldato
Thought they did a brilliant job bringing all the characters together and separating the teams and plots in a easy to follow way.

so the characters that were killed like loki etc are proper dead but the ones that got vapourized at the end are 99% returning? No way they kill off spidey like that after one film! Wonder if gomora will have a role to play defeating thanos since she still seems to be about in there somewhere

Also they did a great job with thanos. Did a lot more building his character rather than being a baddy for the sake of being a baddy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thought they did a brilliant job bringing all the characters together and separating the teams and plots in a easy to follow way.

so the characters that were killed like loki etc are proper dead but the ones that got vapourized at the end are 99% returning? No way they kill off spidey like that after one film! Wonder if gomora will have a role to play defeating thanos since she still seems to be about in there somewhere

Also they did a great job with thanos. Did a lot more building his character rather than being a baddy for the sake of being a baddy.

Most of the cast can be brought back by the Avengers getting the gauntlet off of Thanos and "undoing" the finger snap I believe. Other films like Guardians 3 and Black Panther 2 will come after Avengers 4, which implies the characters in those will be brought back for those movies to happen, not sure on Gammora though, unless they can use the soul stone to bring her back.

Excellent movie, really enjoyed it. The only thing is the pacing is so fast and it goes between so many scenes so quickly, it's a lot to take in constantly, it feels like it's always going at 100 with little down time. I did half expect it to be honest given the amount of characters they shoehorned into the film, if the DVD comes out with an extended edition which shows more of some of the scenes that will be great. Only a minor gripe.

Parts I really liked:
Red Skull!, Thor getting his Axe with giant Peter Dinklage, Stark / Strange moment giving over the time stone, Thanos all round being awesome, the snap was so brutal (felt so bad for Peter Parker when it happened)

Really need to watch it again to take it all in.

Don
Saw it last night/this morning (work at 9am too :( )I thought it was brilliant, was sceptical how that many 'stars' could be in one film but they did it just about right and you didn't feel anyone was left out.

Soldato
Most of the cast can be brought back by the Avengers getting the gauntlet off of Thanos and "undoing" the finger snap I believe. Other films like Guardians 3 and Black Panther 2 will come after Avengers 4, which implies the characters in those will be brought back for those movies to happen, not sure on Gammora though, unless they can use the soul stone to bring her back.

Excellent movie, really enjoyed it. The only thing is the pacing is so fast and it goes between so many scenes so quickly, it's a lot to take in constantly, it feels like it's always going at 100 with little down time. I did half expect it to be honest given the amount of characters they shoehorned into the film, if the DVD comes out with an extended edition which shows more of some of the scenes that will be great. Only a minor gripe.

Parts I really liked:
Red Skull!, Thor getting his Axe with giant Peter Dinklage, Stark / Strange moment giving over the time stone, Thanos all round being awesome, the snap was so brutal (felt so bad for Peter Parker when it happened)

Really need to watch it again to take it all in.

Was thinking the same thing, I need to watch it again but would prefer on Blu-ray rather than cinema again. Was very fast paced, action to action.

Watched it in 3D which was quite a experience but hard to follow at times also adding to needing to watch again.

Last edited:
Associate
Wow, what a great film! Had an 11am viewing and cannot remember the last time i went cinema and felt like i was getting value for money. I really enjoyed how different this felt to the others with a convincing bad guy.

Caporegime
10/10

Just epic really.
I was a bit confused why Thanos was as weak as he was until the end, omg the end.
Given the chaos one stone can cause 2 or 3 should be ludicrous let alone all of them.

Soldato
10/10 for me, don't think it was going to be anything other! As somebody else, just epic really.

so, basically, Strange has seen the one outcome that works. He wouldn't have handed the time stone over otherwise.

Oh, and Carol Danvers!

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow...all I can really say!

The way they built the character of Thanos I thought was fantastic.

Well paced and how they fit everyone into that I’ll never know!

As soon as Doctor Strange spared Stark you just knew he was a goner...it will be interesting to see just how this pans out!

Also that Loki death right at the start was a shocker!

Soldato
Just rewatching the trailer. Unless I feel asleep it seems they cut a bit where Banner is working on the Hull buster armour whilst in wakanda and having a chat to Black Widow?

Back
Top Bottom