AW3225QF Faulty .

Associate
Can I pick some people’s brains please ? Dell want to replace my faulty AW3225QF which I have had for 3 weeks with a refurbished one ? I feel like this is not fair for want of a better word and I have told them that .What does anyone else think about this ?

I know what you mean and id be disappointed too. However they could just take the one you have and repair it and send you it back. So kind of the same thing. Maybes if you stress to them that it's unacceptable and you wish to escalate it, they may send you a new one. I know I would.

What's wrong with it?

Last edited:
Can I pick some people’s brains please ? Dell want to replace my faulty AW3225QF which I have had for 3 weeks with a refurbished one ? I feel like this is not fair for want of a better word and I have told them that .What does anyone else think about this ?
Mine is a refurb from the Dell outlet shop. Can't find anything wrong with it but I'd still want a new one if it's under warranty.

I asked a Dell reseller about this and Dell don't actually refurbish anything, They send out cancelled orders if they have them or RMA's that can pass as in decent shape and working.

So I argued this with Dell when I had to RMA my aw3423dw about 1.5 years after ownership. I eventually spoke to someone who basically said the reason why they're labelled refurbed is because they're opened by their quality control to test before shipping out, which I found odd. A friend of mine received a 'refurbed' one which was in an unmarked box, with just a monitor in it. Looked new and works as intended.

Now for me, after making a bit of a fuss, I ended up with a brand new one, official box, sealed unopened, with everything included (stand, cables etc) all brand new. This is even way after Dell officially stopped selling the DW from their website.

As the QF is still pretty new, I'd imagine you will receive a brand new one. I'd be disappointed if I received an unmarked opened box, especially if the faulty panel you have is only 3 weeks old. I would request another RMA until I got a new one lol.

It more than likely won't be a refurbished one but a retail. I've had 5 AW3423DW for reference and all were brand new sealed replacements. Think they state it could be a refurb on the off chance it is.

Back
Top Bottom