Aware these any use?

Associate
Hi! I know nothing about gaming pc, so apologies in advance. I’m considering getting my son a gaming pc and need some advice. I already have a pc with the following things and wondered if any of it could be used or do I need to start from scratch.
The Pc has
32 GB Ram
AMD 3.6 GHz 4 core
1TB HdD
nVIDIA graphics card
Logic Pro speaker
I’m not sure if this is the right info needed. Thanks in advance

Hi! I know nothing about gaming pc, so apologies in advance. I’m considering getting my son a gaming pc and need some advice. I already have a pc with the following things and wondered if any of it could be used or do I need to start from scratch.
The Pc has
32 GB Ram
AMD 3.6 GHz 4 core
1TB HdD
nVIDIA graphics card
Logic Pro speaker
I’m not sure if this is the right info needed. Thanks in advance

this bein an enthusiasts forum means this does look like a wind-up, however on the off chance it’s genuine...

You would definitely need to give more information before anyone could tell you if it’s worth upgrading that PC or transferring the parts over.

Of course it’s worth pointing out that if your PC knowledge is limited it might be best to just a gaming PC from a reputable place just to ensure it all works together properly.

however the following extra info would help people comment as to the relevancy of your components

RAM, the important information is related to speed, thus is expressed by two things, the DDR generation , so it could be DDR2, DDR3 or DDR4, and the MHz value, such as 1600, 2000, 2400, 3000, 3200.. Both these should be stated on the RAM itself.
CPU, it’s good to know it’s AMD and 4 core at 3.6GHz, but it’s actually the model type / number that really matter, e.g. “ Ryzen 3 3100” is a 4 core 3.6 go processor that matches, but there are others.. without that we don’t know it’s true performance or how compatible it may be
1Tb hdd, it would help to know the make model, just in case this is an SSD, an M.2 or a normal HDD, I suspect it’s a normal 2.5”/3.5” mechanical drive, and my advice is that’s OK, but most people would want a a faster HDD as well as that makes your PC operate a lot faster.
nVidia GPU - again, the exact model is crucial, they make cards from £50 to £2000, and obviously performance differs, so look from the model number that probably starts GTX....
The speakers are almost certainly reusable, if you think they sound OK that’s all that matters..

Hope that helps.

this bein an enthusiasts forum means this does look like a wind-up, however on the off chance it’s genuine...

You would definitely need to give more information before anyone could tell you if it’s worth upgrading that PC or transferring the parts over.

Of course it’s worth pointing out that if your PC knowledge is limited it might be best to just a gaming PC from a reputable place just to ensure it all works together properly.

however the following extra info would help people comment as to the relevancy of your components

RAM, the important information is related to speed, thus is expressed by two things, the DDR generation , so it could be DDR2, DDR3 or DDR4, and the MHz value, such as 1600, 2000, 2400, 3000, 3200.. Both these should be stated on the RAM itself.
CPU, it’s good to know it’s AMD and 4 core at 3.6GHz, but it’s actually the model type / number that really matter, e.g. “ Ryzen 3 3100” is a 4 core 3.6 go processor that matches, but there are others.. without that we don’t know it’s true performance or how compatible it may be
1Tb hdd, it would help to know the make model, just in case this is an SSD, an M.2 or a normal HDD, I suspect it’s a normal 2.5”/3.5” mechanical drive, and my advice is that’s OK, but most people would want a a faster HDD as well as that makes your PC operate a lot faster.
nVidia GPU - again, the exact model is crucial, they make cards from £50 to £2000, and obviously performance differs, so look from the model number that probably starts GTX....
The speakers are almost certainly reusable, if you think they sound OK that’s all that matters..

Hope that helps.

if this is a genuine post, then all you have said to her is, "blah blah blah blah blah", because she does not understand that side of pc's. A more important question might be what games, how old is he ect, because the PC above will play games, but maybe not max res everything, bout i doubt she is planning ona £2000 upgrade

this is exactly what goes on over at AV forums. virtually every other day there's some idiot new message about "i can't remember a film title. it was from the 80s or 90s and had a guy in it " type of ****. i dunno what the craic is, either phishers or some scam/bot thing trying to establish an ID or whatever. i'm of the opinion mods should delete crap like this as soon as it appears.

Thanks for the replies! It is a genuine post. My 11yr old is very keen to get a gaming pc, I obviously know nothing and my son has no clue what is needed to build one so thought I would seek advice. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. Didn’t mean to upset anyone.

I’ve managed to get this info on the pc I have. Hope this helps;
Graphics card = Zotac gt 610 synergy edition 1gb
SSD boot drive
32GB Ram - DDR 13333 DIMM
HDD = Seagate Barracudum 7200.12 1TB
CPU = amd fox 8150

Thanks again for anyone who replied, I really appreciate

That puts it circa 2011.
The graphics card was a budget card when it launched and wouldn't really do much good now. I'd say that you'd struggle to play anything that requires any amount of horsepower. Even something as relatively simple minecraft would likely need the settings turned way down.

Also unfortunately is a bit of a dead-end in terms of which bits you can salvage into a newer system.

You might get away with throwing a more powerful graphics card in. But I would guess that with anything faster than say a gtx 1650 could be held back by the rest of the system.

Last edited:
this is exactly what goes on over at AV forums. virtually every other day there's some idiot new message about "i can't remember a film title. it was from the 80s or 90s and had a guy in it " type of ****. i dunno what the craic is, either phishers or some scam/bot thing trying to establish an ID or whatever. i'm of the opinion mods should delete crap like this as soon as it appears.
This is a quite unhelpful and unwelcoming reply to a potential new member of the forum. I hope they don't think everyone on here will reply like this.

Back
Top Bottom