B-Grade Items on OCuk!!

Associate
Hi all.

I am contemplating buying a B-Grade item from OCuk. I know you get a 14 day warranty from OCuk but is that all you get? Or do you also get manufacturer warranty too.

Associate
From the little saving on "b" grade items, you would expect the remainder of the manufacturers warranty would be valid. If you check the Graphic's card section, you will notice it gives the direct telephone number for rma replacement.

Last edited:
Soldato
i purcahsed a b graded hdd which was marked repaired. it fialed after 4 months 24/7 use. but seagate replaced it for me. only prob was that they sent me an sata drive instead of an ide.

Associate
erm im pretty shure it depends what item you buy, ie, dfis boards are bare board rma so there warrenty still counts but i know some manufacturers arnt like that

tbh i would buy stuff like cpus/graphics as if they work within the first few days then they generally wont fail, but motherboards and hard drives and stuff sometimes do fail in normal operation, hence it would be nice to have a good solid warrenty

Soldato
m3csl2004 said:
erm im pretty shure it depends what item you buy, ie, dfis boards are bare board rma so there warrenty still counts but i know some manufacturers arnt like that

tbh i would buy stuff like cpus/graphics as if they work within the first few days then they generally wont fail, but motherboards and hard drives and stuff sometimes do fail in normal operation, hence it would be nice to have a good solid warrenty
i bought a mobo from a competitors b grade and it is still going strong today, it was an Asus P4C800 Delux for £40

Associate
I've sent a web note to get a definate answer to this as there seems to be some real bargins in there but with no warranty would put me off :( .
Will let you know what the outcome is.

Associate
I've had a reply regarding warranty on b-grade products. Basicly you only get the 14 days from OCUK, after that you're on your own - NO manufactures warranty :(

Associate
dale1uk said:
I've had a reply regarding warranty on b-grade products. Basicly you only get the 14 days from OCUK, after that you're on your own - NO manufactures warranty :(

That's strange I bought a DFI from them they said it has the full manufacturers warranty, hope so because I sold it and told the guy that.

Back
Top Bottom