**B-Grade** what does it mean?

Art

Art

Associate
To the people that have bought B-grade mobos: how hard/easy is it to get your hands on an I/O shield?

I ordered a B-grade Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P this morning and going by the price of it I'm expecting just the mobo itself. As long as it's not physically damaged that's grand, I have SATA cables and I can get the manual etc. from the manufacturers website, but the I/O shield would be handy if I can get it for a reasonable price.

Assuming that I got to the board first, that is. I ordered it at 10am and it's still in the queue for packing, so hopefully someone else hasn't nabbed it before me...!

Associate
however, if you're ordering a cpu, gpu, ram or mobo you can't really go wrong, can you?
I mean there may be scratches on a case that make it look bad and stuff, but most internal components considering the warranty, what can actually go wrong lol.

Associate
To the people that have bought B-grade mobos: how hard/easy is it to get your hands on an I/O shield?

Very easy on the unmentionable harbour of Eees. However the rip off prices they charge (£7-8) is more than a little upsetting for a piece of thin metal/tin/whatever.

Soldato
however, if you're ordering a cpu, gpu, ram or mobo you can't really go wrong, can you?
I mean there may be scratches on a case that make it look bad and stuff, but most internal components considering the warranty, what can actually go wrong lol.

Be careful, I bought an Asus P5Q Pro on b-grade recently and although I reckon it still has manufacturers warranty, it's not honored by OcUK or Asus. OcUK give a stiff 14-days to return an item, and Asus won't deal with customers directly with mainboards. So i'm left with a duff board because it ran at stock settings for a month and then decided to **** out, though it never overclocked well from the start.

Go with a manufacturer with whom you can talk to and get it sorted under warranty.

Just a heads up chaps ;)

Soldato
i got some goldring dr150's. The left hand side ear has a slight crack (about a cm long) but thats it. They didnt even look used (or sound used as they sounded pap when i got them, now they sound immense)

Not bad for half price though :D

Soldato
Last year I purchased a B grade GTX 260 from OCUK. I paid £99 when they were still selling other 260's for £150+

I asked at counter and it was just a stock clearance. The item was boxed unopened, and full warranty.

It does help if you can collect, and you can ask/see in person what your getting before parting with money.

Soldato
Be careful, I bought an Asus P5Q Pro on b-grade recently and although I reckon it still has manufacturers warranty, it's not honored by OcUK or Asus. OcUK give a stiff 14-days to return an item, and Asus won't deal with customers directly with mainboards. So i'm left with a duff board because it ran at stock settings for a month and then decided to **** out, though it never overclocked well from the start.

Go with a manufacturer with whom you can talk to and get it sorted under warranty.

Just a heads up chaps ;)

Good info about manufactures that don't provide a direct RMA service.

I was wondering how other manufacturers deal with B grade items warranty? As they could say it's classed as second hand so warranty is invalid.

Does it list B grade on paper invoice you get?

Associate
Good info about manufactures that don't provide a direct RMA service.

I was wondering how other manufacturers deal with B grade items warranty? As they could say it's classed as second hand so warranty is invalid.

Does it list B grade on paper invoice you get?

That Asus info might be out of date?

Check out this thread
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18208017

The guy states he emailed Asus a copy of invoice and Asus stated the motherboard was in warranty

Back
Top Bottom