B650E Aorus Elite always powering USB devices

Associate
So we recently upgraded my wifes PC to AM5 and went for the B650E Aorus Elite ICE, but my only gripe so far is how tricky it is to stop it powering USB devices after shutdown... I've got fast start-up disabled in both BIOS and Windows and I've tried hunting any USB settings in BIOS but it seems like nothing prevents the Unicorn poop from continuing to sparkle after shutdown.

I'm currently having to turn off at the wall or with the PSU switch to turn off the extra RGB devices, and sometimes even the AIO stays lit.

Any ideas on where else I can look?

There's RGB devices (primarily mouse mat and headset stand) which are powered via USB and are seemingly still powered after shutdown, however on the X99 system this wasn't a problem. I've disabled everything in the BIOS that looks like it's to do with USB power, and I know fast startup can cause similar issues so that's disabled.

I'll have to take a look at GCC, but it's been an issue since before installing any of the software.

Look in the bios
Not had a gigabyte board in a while
Might be power management section
See if ERP is enabled or disabled
Some motherboards only have enable and disable
Some have more granular control allowing more specific options
ERP was disabled by default, and I checked it again and both fast boot and ERP are disabled, can't see to find anything obvious unless I'm being really dumb...

There's no settings in GCC I can find either

Enable ERP
Hey sorry, haven't been around for a while.

I enabled ERP today and same thing. RGB devices still powered after a shutdown. Here's a photo of what I mean.
mrn504g.jpg

Keyboard, mouse and internals (ram, AIO etc) turn off, but mouse mat and stand stay lit, both of which are a single USB to the board. I feel like I'm missing something silly...

Back
Top Bottom