BA app and multi-person bookings

Soldato
Although it's miles away, I'm curious as to how a multi-person booking is handled on the BA app. Not flown BA for a while and last time I was alone so didn't come up and obviously things are different now.

Booking is in my name but for two people and this is reflected fine on the website. However, in the app, it only shows the flight for me with no sign of the second person at all.
Surely if I'm viewing the booking as a whole it should show the complete details for both people?

Alternatively, does the second person need to create their own login and somehow link this to the same booking?

Like I said, this is all aaaaages away yet but I was just fiddling with the app and was confused and curious.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Why do you need the app, just use the site to check in etc? I've flown BA countless times and never used the app.

Caporegime
I've definitely had multiple boarding passes show previously.

But the BA app like most if their IT services is terrible, it seems to be half native Android app half PWA.

When I try and access my account through the app at the moment it says its unable to display my account details, yet the website is fine.

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I just kind of presumed everything had to be done via the app now with electronic boarding passes etc.
.pdf boarding passes have been a thing for a while now, no need for any app. I much prefer .pdf ones as it's quicker/easier to open than using an app.

Soldato
.pdf boarding passes have been a thing for a while now, no need for any app. I much prefer .pdf ones as it's quicker/easier to open than using an app.

This - would never trust an app with boarding passes etc - Just look at today at Manchester, power outages, potentially no wifi/no data signals etc..

Paper boarding pass for sure

Soldato
OP
If printed tickets/passes are still an option then will absolutely go that route.

I remember going to Wimbledon a few years back where the ticketing was done entirely through the app. Worse still, the tickets didn't appear in the app until the morning of the day you were visiting, leaving very little leeway to sort any problems.

There were absolutely no alternatives, they clearly said you needed a smartphone or tablet on which to use the app to display your tickets or you were screwed.

Soldato
OP
Can you still get printed boarding passes at the airport itself these days? The classic long cards that everyone tucks into their passport? :)

Back
Top Bottom