BA - Companion Voucher redemption questions

Soldato
Hi all,

Thinking about using our companion voucher for some business class flights to India next Feb/March. We've got enough points for it all and there looks to be a fair amount of availability from London.

We ideally wanted to spend most of our time down in Goa, so spend a few days in Mumbai to see the sights and acclimatise, then get another flight down to Goa to chill in a hotel etc.

I was wondering, is there any benefit to booking the trip as a BA Holiday and using Avios with things like internal flights and hotels included? Can you use your companion voucher for things like this?

If theres no benefit/bonus to booking as a BA Holiday, can you still use a companion voucher if you want to book a multi-stop booking?

i.e. I was thinking of doing something like this:
Fly into Mumbai, spend 3 nights,
Fly Mumbai to Goa spend 10 nights,
Fly Goa back to London (via Mumbai)

I know I could book this altogether at BA as multi-stop and pay bash, but just curious if you can use your companion voucher for this type of multi-city booking, with the inbound and outbound flights arriving/leaving in different cities? (i'm ok with booking a separate internal flight if needed)

Yeh we were thinking of flying into and out of Mumbai and getting an internal flight down to Goa.

What are the open jaw rules? Could I use the companion voucher say to book the flight into Mumbai but have the return leg go from Goa (via Mumbai)? Or do they have to be direct flights? There's a lot of options on BA which have the flights from Mumbai to London but with an internal connection from Goa to Mumbai first for the way back.

If you need any pointers, happy to help. Did Goa and Agra via Mumbai last November :).
Ive been to India many years ago and visited the usual hotspots but i'm contemplating visiting again with my wife and what will be our 6 month old child.

Was thinking flying to Mumbai, spending a few days there, then hopping on a flight down to Goa and spending the rest of our time there.

The main issue i'm having is figuring out the best area to stay in Goa, particularly with a <6 month old - ideally dont want to be restricted to just the hotel and want to be near enough things to go out to beaches and explore restaurants and bars.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom