Back4Blood

Soldato
This is on XGP day 1 FYI. No need to spend £50 on it if you have a subscription. Just thought i'd throw that out there seeing as this page is filled with "not worth £50" posts :)

Soldato
This is on XGP day 1 FYI. No need to spend £50 on it if you have a subscription. Just thought i'd throw that out there seeing as this page is filled with "not worth £50" posts :)
VPN + Gold Vouchers + £1 Ultimate conversion = 3 years' game pass for about £70.

Definitely the way to go for this one.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Left 4 Dead games were great at building suspense. You could hear a Boomer or the guy with the tongue or the Hunter before you saw them which just made you wary and the music built the tension up. God forbid you started hearing Crying! The special ‘ridden’ here appear too often and generally just end up as cannon fodder. There’s no suspense and while the only level I played was the first one, blow up the ferry, the map itself felt tiny compared to the L4D levels. Will likely play more over the weekend but at least on the short play I had it doesn’t feel anywhere close to a £50 game.
That's a really solid point about the audio suspense. Hadn't really noticed the game was missing that having not played L4D for so long, but you're spot on.

Soldato
That's a really solid point about the audio suspense. Hadn't really noticed the game was missing that having not played L4D for so long, but you're spot on.

I'm not sure, playing tonight I could hear the distinct sounds of the various special infected lurking ahead... Perhaps not slow moments of suspense but definitely some good and ominous moments when some of them showed up

After a first proper session with a lobby of friends I found it to be pretty good. More of the same in a lot of ways but with a handful of innovations - I like the copper collecting mechanic and using it to purchase health and items makes it worth searching for and also stops the bum rush to grab the good items of the previous games. The way the cards build up across the campaign to gradually allow you to become a little stronger makes sense and adds something too

Didn't love Versus, just felt like a mess, plus the lobby we went against were some real sweat-lords who completely destroyed us

Overall looking forward to giving it a few more goes over the weekend

Soldato
Problem is, it's another game that is living up to a masterpiece, L4D 2

How...do tell more detail
I'll pm you. Don't know if this kind of talk is allowed on here.

Edit:
If this isn't allowed then sorry MODs, please delete it.

Trust doesn't seem to be working at the moment so in general terms:

1. Buy 3 12 month Gold vouchers on Eneba for Turkey region (use HOTUKDEALS discount code to knock a few quid off) and use a card that won't charge you foreign currency fees.
2. Turn on VPN and point it to Turkey.
3. Redeem the vouchers on the Microsoft Site for the 3 years of gold.
4. Disconnect the VPN and log in to Gamepass
5. Activate the £1 Ultimate trial and it'll apply Ultimate across the full three years.

Cost me £68.65 for the 36 months of Gold plus £1 to convert it. You also get EA Play on it so decent value all round.

You can't load up more than 36 months of Gamepass so if you have any active at the moment just buy top ups that will take you as close to 3 years as you can get without going over.

Just checked. You can get 36 months for £66.06 just now.

Last edited:
Soldato
The sound of what? The weapon sounds are weak and pathetic sounding.

Not really played the game yet really, hoping to play with some mates tomorrow.
I have tried out the guns in the practice range and most of them sound really puny. The Desert Eagle and Magnum are terrible, the sound of the bullet hitting a target is louder then the actual gun noise! They sound like they have built in supressors.

Soldato
Problem is, it's another game that is living up to a masterpiece, L4D 2
Calling L4D2 a masterpiece is a bit of a stretch, I was a big fan of this game, but even i could see they could've improved on it a lot even a couple of years after it came out.

L4D was good for its time, got boring after a little while because of the lack of specials/weapons. L4D2 came just 1 year later and fixed a lot of the shortcomings from the first game, but even with that it still needs more variety and content for a game that's supposed to be very replayable.

AI is also predictable and L4D2 could certainly do with one of those training or self learning type things, seems they haven't tried something like that yet.

I wonder if Valve will give us a L4D3.

Caporegime
Calling L4D2 a masterpiece is a bit of a stretch, I was a big fan of this game, but even i could see they could've improved on it a lot even a couple of years after it came out.

L4D was good for its time, got boring after a little while because of the lack of specials/weapons. L4D2 came just 1 year later and fixed a lot of the shortcomings from the first game, but even with that it still needs more variety and content for a game that's supposed to be very replayable.

AI is also predictable and L4D2 could certainly do with one of those training or self learning type things, seems they haven't tried something like that yet.

I wonder if Valve will give us a L4D3.
I suspect this is L4D3 in all but name. Sadly.

Soldato
Played through PVE with a few mates this morning. Thoroughly underwhelming really, feels flat and lifeless. There's virtually no suspense and even the appearance of the big ogre thing wasn't all that interesting, just unload a few clips and he's done.

Soldato
A group of us spent 300 hours at the very least with L4D2. Like most people we were keen for something fresh, the last 8 months we have been playing Killing Floor 2 which I think is actually very under rated. It has a lot of variaty in play and is fast and exciting. Been trying out B4B and whilst it plays ok it wasn't really that exciting, a lot could just be balance and we only played the early levels. Whilst it's good looking and has some interesting new concepts it does just feel it's lacking something.

Back
Top Bottom