Backing up F@H registry settings (non service)

Associate
Hi,

I'm about half way through a WU, approx. 15 hours remaining but I'm going to be reinstalling XP and don't want to lose the current WU i'm working on, my question is what do I need to backup in registry (location) in order to be able to carry on with the WU when I have installed XP again?

I checked one of rich99million's threads but that is only if F@H is currently installed as a service, I tried just copying the F@H folder before - stupidly thought that would work, but it resets the WU.

thanks

Man of Honour
For the command-line version, there is only one registry key you need to worry about backing up, and it's this one:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PandeGroup\Folding@home

Not sure about the GUI - never used it.

Soldato
I'm pretty sure I've never had to backup more than the F@H folder and the key that Berserker mentioned

That said I usually try and wait until a convenient time before reinstalling (or sometimes just restarting) as the WUs/checkpoints do seem to be quite easy to corrupt these days :o

I think some cores take such a long time to stop after you exit the client that they sometimes don't finish checkpointing before the computer forces them to end, I guess the service may handle this better as it's run as System rather than User so gets a bit extra time to do what it needs

That's just my guess anyway - hopefully the V6 client will make all this a thing of the past as it's been designed specifically for these much more demanding WUs we have these days

Associate
OP
Sorry, forgot to mention I'm using the command-line - thanks a lot Berserker, you've saved me several hours :)

I'm going to give it a try, fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom