backlight keyboards who's got one?

Soldato
logitech illuminated keyboard

/thread :p

Best keyboard and money I have spent. Laptop style keys. Uber silent and the backlight is tastefully done and can be set to different brightnesses. It's a nice white light which makes the letters light up but doesn't seep out all over the place.

Associate
+1 for the logi illuminati, got the g15 v2 myself and it's a pleasure, the backlit lights deffinatley help in a dark enviroment, used the gimmicky lcd for about half an hour tbh, just sits on RT 24/7 with all my temps on it nowadays.

Lcd - g15, g11
Non-lcd - illuminatied kb

Man of Honour
I have a couple - not for general useage tho...

One of them is the OCZ Illuminatti alchemy and I don't really get on with it that well - it has slightly odd spacing on the key and personally I like a nice mechanical keyboard and it uses a membrane... lighting wise its good tho as you have control over the color and intensity so you can adjust it to something comfortable.

Soldato
I have a Saitek II and you can adjust the brightness/colour - never found a problem personally.

Agree with BIGBC though, not the best idea for your eyes to sit playing in the dark - need a light somewhere in the room.

Keyboard does look cool illuminated at a LAN though :)

Soldato
OP
thanks for the replies.

I have started playing FSX and night flying is much more fun in the dark I have the pro evo joystick which is nicely lit up in blue but you have to press quite a few keys on the keyboard as well and it sucks not having them lit up.

so it's logitech G15 or saitek and a vote for microsoft X6.

I'll have a look see lunchtime to see if they exist here.

Thanks,
John

Quick Question anyone running the G15 with Windows 7 does the software work ok?

Last edited:
Associate
Just to add another option, i use a Razer Lycosa and its great, really well made and the rubbery buttons feel great, i also really like the touch sensitive media buttons.

I looked at the Saitek boards at the same time but they just looked and felt cheap, whereas the Lycosa is nice and heavy.

Edit to actually mention the backlight! Its probably not the brightest of its competitors but is perfectly fine night or day and glows blue only, although ive never uset it, you can set it to light up the WSAD keys only..

Last edited:
Associate
I have a Merc Stealth gaming keyboard, goes blue / purple and red, and i turned off the colours, too distracting and it's not good to game in the dark!

Associate
ive got the razer lycosa, the logitech dinovo mini and the logitech illuminated one, the razer one is pretty rubbish - you cant see what keys what due to the angle you sit at, and its not a good typist keyboard. The logitech illuminated is brilliant, especially for the price, wish it had a couple of usb ports on it though.
the microsoft 8000 is quite nice too, although i didnt rate the mouse at all, and i would prefer it if they released it in black. as for mice i have the mamba now....which is the best mouse ive ever had.

Soldato
I had a Saitek Eclipse original keyboard and never really found the backlight that useful. Rather than a light underneath each key, it had severel led's placed around the keyboard. This meant that light would leak out from around the keys, making it impossible to read the letters from an angle. It only really worked if you were looking directly down on it.

I'd imagine a keyboard which has a dedicated light for each key would be much better (i think the logitech illuminated keyboard is like this) however, i changed to an Enermax Aurora and haven't missed the illumination. Great keyboard!

Can't type for toffee
Don
G15 V1
G15 V2

V1 died and the screen no longer works.
Logitech replaced it with a v2, wasnt best pleased at the time but I've become accustomed to the smaller Keyboard now and actually think I prefer it.

Back
Top Bottom