Backup internet connection

Soldato
So virgin have a fault in our area. Estimate fix 4pm..

**** happens I know. But does anyone run a backup connection for times like these.

4g solution or maybe a BT line for sky or other?

Soldato
OP
I don't think I'll be paying more than I do now for a backup connection for the odd time Virgin falls over. Phone tether may be the best option. Unless I can reactivate the old BT line and get sky BB with our TV package

Soldato
OP
The house is wired for BT and virgin. Its just working from home and day trading can mean I get myself into a corner when the internet goes down.

I'm also a sky customer so reconnecting the BT line could mean I get SKY BB and Virgin. I suppose I could traffic shape myself to some extent.. Paying an extra £50 per month as a backup to something that is costing £40 per month seems daft.

I get 10Gb per month from o2 on our business mobile contracts and I'm nearly always at home so rarely use any more than 1 gb anyhow so for the usually short time virgin is down I could tether via my/ the wifes SG8+

Thanks for all the suggestions though its certainly given me food for thought and looks like there are alternatives

Back
Top Bottom