• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Baffling Palit 2080Ti problem

Associate
OP
I had something very similar to this. I went through all driver, overclocks and so on but it would always restart when browsing the internet or watching YouTube.. it never actually did it while I was gaming..

mine turned out to be a registry problem, fresh install of windows sorted it, same hardware and I’ve not had it happen for over 3 months..

Yeah, that sounds similar to mine. Fresh install will be my next step if it crashes again.

Associate
OP
Just putting this here for Overclockers folk.

On Fri 01/05/2020 17:41:38 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050120-8062-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C2390)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8014CD73358, 0x0)
Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 01/05/2020 17:41:38 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x10dffd)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8014CD73358, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_e0a5a1b06de180e3\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 445.75
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 445.75
Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue).
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 445.75 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

On Thu 30/04/2020 15:38:41 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\043020-8125-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C2390)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8074C773358, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Soldato
are you able to test the gpu in another/ friends pc, if you get similar crashing then you have your answer, start a rma and get a refund or a replacement, if it were me i'd go for a refund and see what NVIDIA have to show off on the 14th (the get amped statement has peaked a lot of interest)

EDIT you could always try a bios flash as its the oc version the founders edition bios will work, would need to use a tool called nvflash + a gpu bios from techpowerup.
If not just rma the card

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom