Baldurs Gate 3 gameplay reveal

Man of Honour
Its on streaming at the moment.

Amazing intro cutscene, can REALLY tell that its made by the people behind the Divinity Original Sin games. It really does play more like a Divinity game than Baldurs Gate so far.

Man of Honour
OP
It does look a lot like a reskinned Div Original Sin 2. Identical movement system, same elemental mechanics etc, almost identical UI. I can foresee a lot of people complaining that its not Baldurs Gate its Divinity : Baldurs Sin.

However, that said.. D:OS2 was my game of the year when it came out, so I'm ok with playing in a Baldurs Gate world using the D:OS2 engine.

Man of Honour
OP
Oh dear god, what have they done.....

Divinity one was interesting Divinity 2 was shocking, no idea why everyone felt it was so awesome.

Yet another golden franchise atm destroyed.

I loved Divinity 1 but it wasn't my game of the year, Divinity 2 however I really loved (felt more polished to me) and that one was my game of the year. I'm really looking forward to Baldurs Gate 3 after seeing that gameplay footage but to be fair I'm not really looking forward to it as a Baldurs Gate game, its more that I am looking forward to it as "Divinity 3". I think that the truth is that Baldurs Gate 3 will probably end up being a great game but not a great Baldurs Gate game, so it will largely depend upon if the playerbase can accept it as that. I guess a bit like how some people might say that Joker was a great film but not a great Batman film (as Joker would have been a great film about the same issues, even if it wasn't set in Gotham or had any connection whatsoever to the Batman universe)

Back
Top Bottom