Ballpark Cost to strip Wallpaper and Paint?

Associate
OP
If it's artex have a plasterer come in and skim it instead of removing it.

Trust me, last time I went to remove artex I contemplated burning the house down so I wouldn't have to deal with it because it was just such a horrible pig of a job. Not to mention if you strip artex you'll almost certainly need to plaster after anyway because of how ****ed the surface underneath gets in the process.

Asbestos isn't an issue that way.

This is what I'm thinking might be best. However, if it's just the ceilings covered and the walls are just wallpaper then I think I'll just have it removed... comes down to cost I guess. Will hopefully get this survey back in the next day or two and we can have a closer look at what we're dealing with.

Soldato
Yeah, I've seen artexing on the walls on occasion but it's pretty rare to see nowadays, most people realised it looked crap and got rid.

More likely woodchip, and thats an absolute pain in the ******** to strip as well. Commonly used in council houses of old to cover up shoddy plastering.

Ceilings will almost certainly be artex though.

Associate
OP
Yeah, I've seen artexing on the walls on occasion but it's pretty rare to see nowadays, most people realised it looked crap and got rid.

More likely woodchip, and thats an absolute pain in the ******** to strip as well. Commonly used in council houses of old to cover up shoddy plastering.

Ceilings will almost certainly be artex though.

I've got all my fingers crossed that this is the case! I honestly don't care about the quality of the plaster so long as the artex is only on the ceilings.

Back
Top Bottom