Barb / Hose adapter

Associate
Morning Happy Campers,

I have just got my hands on the ROG Maximus V Formula, (smashing board)
-BUT-
The block comes with a fitter cooler, capable of being a passive air cooler, or can be added to a loop.
Prior to purchasing the board, its incredibly difficult to find out what size the barbs are on this block, so much so, that even ROG review site doesn't show it.Anyway, i purchased it, and a new CPU block, compression fittings & tubing.
Tubing was ordered at 7/16inch, with fittings to match.
Issue being, the barbs are 3/8inch. (onyl place i managed to find confirmed size was the Motherboard Manual (both pdf version from website & box version)
Which leads me to the reason behind my post -
How can i get this to fit, withotu completely re-doing my loop.

I only have the CPU cooled for now
dscn2563q.jpg

As you can see, not exactly a massive amount of tubing, but i would liek to avoid re-doing it all.
I had though about just adding 3/8inch tubing and fitting from block to cpu, and then from block to rad.
Woudl this cause too much flow restriction?
I was kind of hoping there would be some sort of fitting that would go onto the 3/8 barb to take the slightly bigger hose.
The one thing i'm pretty sure i cant do is just shove the bigger hose on and seal it through force lol

Any ideas welcome!

Reards, Stalker

Associate
Associate
OP
Hi, Thanks for that, however i am keen to keep it as clean lookin as possible.
Am tempted to take the hose off the cpu -> res and replace with smaller and run it from block to res, put small hose from block -> cpu to keep the connections to a minimum.
or i could beg (and i do mean beg lol) the powers that be to let me get a smaller, 2nd loop to run.

HHHMMMM curse whoever invented money lol, keeps getting me into trouble!

Soldato
stick a smaller compression on the outlet of the cpu block, run smaller tubing to the barb at the top of the mosfet heatsink, run smaler tubing from the other end
either:
run with the smaller tubing to the next fitting and use a smaller compression there
or
use a tubing reducer to get back to larger tubing.

Soldato
you'd have to scour some more dedicated watercolling suppliers that I can't mention. I've only seen them for reducing 13-10 to smaller tubing though, so they may not be an option.

Back
Top Bottom