Barrow 16mm fittings

Associate
Hi I’m having trouble to find some 1m lengths of PETG tube to use with my barrow v4 16mm fittings.
I’ve tried bitspower and it fits ok but it’s a little loose for my liking.
I tried mizucooling from eBay and they fit very well but they only have 500mm lengths and I need 1m runs for a desk build.
What do you lot use with these fittings?
I keep hearing people say just buy regular stuff from plastic suppliers but I can’t find any that sell PETG it’s all acrylic!!
Links or suggestions would be a great help

Thanks in advance

Associate
OP
I'd say you could change some/all of your fittings, or turn this problem into a feature. Find a graceful way of joining two 50cm lengths, maybe with lighting?
I can’t change the fittings I just can’t justify the money anymore and I have more on order from China so it’s sort of too late. I can use some of them lighting fittings but I’d have to use a few as it’s a big build and I really like the clean look of long plain runs.

Associate
OP
So why not just use the acrylic you found instead? The "benefits" of PETG over acrylic are either unfounded or hype, you just need to be a little bit more careful tis all.
Just worried about acrylic is all, I’ve never done hard tube before and it’s a lot of money riding on it that I can’t afford to replace. I might have a go in the future but for now I want something easy to use that I can trust. The acrylic I’ve seen online still just says 16mm but there’s no guarantee that it would fit anyway.
Bit stumped really I may just have to buy a length of ek hd tube and see if that fits any better or another brand it’s just an expensive way to test something because some brands only sell in pairs so I could pay out £30 just to find it still doesn’t fit the joys of trying to save money

Soldato
I get you from the cost outlay stand point, but if you're worried about wasting money then doesn't it make sense to get lengths of acrylic from a plastics shop rather than the overpriced branded PETG from watercooling vendors?

And to be honest, unless somebody is really cheaping out on their tube, extruded acrylic has a manufacturing tolerance that is very tight, so unbranded 16mm OD should be 16mm OD otherwise there'd be hell to pay across the general marketplace when advertised tube doesn't fit anything.

Associate
OP
I get you from the cost outlay stand point, but if you're worried about wasting money then doesn't it make sense to get lengths of acrylic from a plastics shop rather than the overpriced branded PETG from watercooling vendors?

And to be honest, unless somebody is really cheaping out on their tube, extruded acrylic has a manufacturing tolerance that is very tight, so unbranded 16mm OD should be 16mm OD otherwise there'd be hell to pay across the general marketplace when advertised tube doesn't fit anything.
I see what your saying but the main problem I have is I’m currently building it on a second floor room at my parents house but I’m moving to my own house in a few months and I’ve heard bad stories about people moving computers with acrylic hard tubes as there’s not much tolerance when strained. I don’t really want to risk that and a lot of reviews on YouTube ect all day how PETG is a much better option over acrylic.
I’ve only managed to find 1 shop online that even sell 16mm acrylic as lots sell just under or just over that size for some reason.
I mean if it’s all made from tight sizes then they should all fit but the bitspower one doesn’t fit snug but the Chinese import does? It’s so frustrating because I’d happily pay a few pounds more to have to perfect stuff because after all it’s only a few meters I need so we’re talking £10/20 max on top but it’s finding the venders. Because I’m in north London I can’t really find any local shops I can go to so I can test fitting size. The rest seem to cut down to 500mm to save shipping costs.

I was hooding someone on here would know somewhere or have tried a brand that fits well but from what I also read on some forums is that bitspower tube on the 14mm fits too tight so it’s all just random depending on batches perhaps

Back
Top Bottom