Barrow CPU block with integrated pump

Associate
Has anyone used one of these?

http://www.barrowint.com/product/cpuslt/Barrow_cpu_water_block/

Looks like it uses a standard DDC type pump, and while the spec on the website is not 100% clear, the "aluminium radiator" it refers to is the pump housing and heatsink on top of it, the baseplate is nickel coated copper.

Considering doing a custom loop, but I don't really want to deal with a large amount of components, big bulky separate pumps and reservoirs etc, which is why this thing appeals.

Not a huge amount of info online about it, Optimum Tech on YT rates it pretty well, but other than that I can't find much in the way of actual review on it.

Any OCUK'ers have one?

Associate
Associate
OP
Thanks for the links!

I was looking at the Alphacool Eisbaer pump / block combos, but it seems that pump is pretty weak and is only really suitable for the CPU and a large radiator, you might get away with a GPU block if is low restriction but the flow will be pretty poor due to the pumps being so small. You got a link to the thermaltake one? I couldn't see it on their website.

My case is not SFF, its an MATX case, but with the PSU shroud being nearly full length at the bottom the usable space is quite limited vs your typical ATX tower and I do like the idea of simplifying the setup with a product like this, as long as its not a massive compromise in performance or noise.

Associate
That's the great thing about water cooling. You don't have to do what everyone else does. If you have a main point to your loop that you want to emphasis there's nearly always a solution for it out there. Good luck with it

Associate
I've got the Alphacool Eisbaer LT (Solo) and it's super quiet and compact but the flow is pretty dismal. Like you said, fine for CPU only (I made an AIO out of old parts and it's working a treat for that) but I wouldn't trust it to do a full loop.

Back
Top Bottom