BAT File help.....

Soldato
I’m trying to find a way of executing a remote batch file from a master PC. The remote machine does not have a user logged in and all attempts to run the batch within a batch have failed.

The script has been written in notepad and saved a .bat and while the most part works, this is failing the whole process.

Any ideas?

Soldato
PSEXEC is probably your best bet.

What are you actually trying to achieve? Someone might have another idea. Are you running a proper client server setup, you could probably do whatever you want with group policy on a windows network.

EDIT: And post up your scripts, it's very easy to get paths mixed up in this type of environment. Remember that not all batch commands will accept UNC paths.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
In all honesty, it's not me doing it. A colleague at work has setup a server on a refresh cabinet and is attempting to run a script on the server that will point to each laptop in the refresh cabinet and execute the script stores locally. It's for a laptop pool.

I can't give much out, but it's to basically remove any unwanted data stored by users when they bring it back to the Service Desk after using it.

Duncan has got PSEXEC working to some degree, I think he is about 80% of the way there and I can check with him on Monday around the progress he has made.

Back
Top Bottom