Batch file or similar to display thank you/welcome msg on new PC builds?

Soldato
Random question perhaps. Been asked by someone who wants to start building and selling machines if I know of a way that when they turn the unit on it can display a "company logo" of sorts and a thank you/welcome message and then insert your operating system disk to install your OS and continue. A sort of courtesy message.

Obviously on a new build you're gonna get the "insert system disk and press enter" message and he's looking for this message to pop up here. Nothing fancy is needed but just wondering if this is possible, if a batch file can be made to do this. Presumably it would need to format the hard drive also to write this script to the drive. If this IS possible, would this affect the OS install partition wise, i.e. would his customers have to then delete the partitions when installing Windows/OS of their choice? I know nothing about programming so thought I'd ask on here where the experts are!

Thanks guys :)

Man of Honour
TBH that kind of thing is generally more of a minor irritation than anything else.

IMO he would be better served by including some kind of flyer with the system - in many cases it would end up in the bin soon enough but always a chance someone sees it lying about and increases awareness of the business = possible extra custom.

Soldato
Yeah,

If a company did that to me I wouldn't be impresses. Plus it looks like you have tampered with the machine more than you should really, it gives off that type of impression e.g. virus?

Back
Top Bottom