Bathroom Ceiling Speakers

Pug

Pug

Soldato
We're renovating our bathroom, and i want to mount a speaker in the ceiling.

Ultimately i want to stream music from a phone or PC via BT (or AirPlay).

Now if its passive, i can buy an amp & BT module, but are there AIO units? Active speakers with BT perhaps.

It's going to be in a bathroom, so exposed to steam from a shower etc...

Any advice/tips? Want decent SQ, but obviously the room acoustics don't lend to much really...

Interesting.

Haven't gone Sonos yet, instead using AirPlay & Airport Extremes. But i'd be interested in the speaker model you used, diameter and sound quality...

Thanks Lucid, very helpful.

As its a bit of a minefield, what would you suggest upto the £150 mark?

Bathroom is going to floor & wall tiled, so very hard surfaces. Fabric blind on window, and maybe some mat on the floor. its a 6'x6' bathroom, so not very big, but i can't be doign with tinny treble & no mid/bass.

I have seen Yamaha, Polk Audio, Kef & Speakercraft, but as you say they all have different ranges, and i wouldn't know if a base Kef is equivalent to say a middlie Polk...

Need to move quite quickly, so appreciate any advice, even if its to sell me a Kinetik!

Missed the delivery today Lucid, but hoping to pick it up tomorrow, thanks for your time and help!

Lined up an old Pioneer amp my brother had, which was a few hundred pounds in the late 80s/early 90s, so i'll see how that compares before install, if not i'll take your advice.

Guys I'd strongly advise getting in touch with Lucid, he did me a corking deal. Speaker arrived, but am yet to plug it in (even when i do it will still be a month or more before it goes into the ceiling.

Looks the part though, and was very well packed!

Finally got around to installing this, and in have to say I'm mightily impressed!

Hooked it up to an old 80's Sharp amp (it's living in a old dirty loft so didn't want to go to town just yet) which has an apt-x Bluetooth receiver connected to its aux-in.

Means I can stream music to it as I want, works well.

The speaker has plenty of bass, clear treble, and just generally surprising for the size and install.

Also, thanks lucid for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom