Batman Arkham HD collection

Caporegime
Out tomorrow. IGN is the only one I've seen talking about it. They weren't particularly impressed saying it's brighter than before and it still only runs at 30fps. Anyone getting it?

Soldato
Seems pointless to me, I have all of them on Steam and can easily run them at 60fps :).

They had my attention initially but not too impressed with what I have heard since.

V F

V F

Soldato
Out tomorrow. IGN is the only one I've seen talking about it. They weren't particularly impressed saying it's brighter than before and it still only runs at 30fps. Anyone getting it?

Yeah, I've had it on order since May but never had them for the PS3.

V F

V F

Soldato
I love how dark and grungy this game is and the cyan tone. The graphics look a lot better compared to all the Youtube scrutinising videos... lots and lots of detail. Plus the great dark tone.

V F

V F

Soldato
Arkham City seems a lot lighter? I'm having flashbacks of Shadow of Mordor with all this jumping over their heads and blocks while trying to take a thug out at a time when you have 8 - 12 surrounding you. Playing on hard.

V F

V F

Soldato
On the PS3/360 did the Arkham City suit/cape have a blue/purple tinge to the cape and cowl? All the Youtube videos seem to be... While it looks dark/gun metal grey on this remaster.

V F

V F

Soldato
Bane was intense on hard especially as more thugs kept coming. I love how you progress the more they throw at you. 31:58

The Scarecrow scene was quite creepy as well. 23:21

The Batcave sure was stunning as well.

Caporegime
Have these versions got the PC's PhysX effects in or have they been left out as is typical for console? I think you can tell if you see the baddies' chests rising and falling (as in breathing) as you knock them out.

V F

V F

Soldato
I do not recall seeing that but I'll have to double check as most of the time I have been in detective mode. I doubt it is being used though, why not?

Does Arkham Asylum not have side mission modes for upgrading the suit and gadgets or whatever gizmos you get. I have all the armour upgrades in place by each XP full load.

Still cannot get over how cool it was entering the Batcave and seeing all the cool stuff.

Soldato
Have these versions got the PC's PhysX effects in or have they been left out as is typical for console? I think you can tell if you see the baddies' chests rising and falling (as in breathing) as you knock them out.

It has some of them but not all. You get flappy banners but not the volumetric fog that moves with the character...

I think these have been done far better than the reviews make out tbh. Really enjoying Asylum again. Hamill as the Joker is still superb...

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato

Ohh that is funky, their chests are breathing in and out on this remaster while unconscious. You can see it even clearer in detective mode. They always appeared static to me.

This is an actual PhysX effect?

Caporegime
Ohh that is funky, their chests are breathing in and out on this remaster while unconscious. You can see it even clearer in detective mode. They always appeared static to me.

This is an actual PhysX effect?

I'm not 100% sure if that's PhysX or not. Maybe not as isn't PhysX an nVidia thing and these consoles are AMD.

I can't recall seeing the breathing effect on the PS3/Xbox 360 versions but it was there on PC.

I've had a quick read, other things to look out for are fog which reacts when characters move through it, pieces of paper flying about instead of just being static stacks, exploding floor tiles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom