Batman Arkham HD collection

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm not 100% sure if that's PhysX or not. Maybe not as isn't PhysX an nVidia thing and these consoles are AMD.

I can't recall seeing the breathing effect on the PS3/Xbox 360 versions but it was there on PC.

I've had a quick read, other things to look out for are fog which reacts when characters move through it, pieces of paper flying about instead of just being static stacks, exploding floor tiles.

I personally thought the chest thing was basic animation?... I've seen papers flying about walking over them. Haven't paid attention to the exploding floor tiles or the fog.

This game is starting to make me think of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen with these morphing mutants.

I seem to be coming across more and more heavy battles? Loved that section for apprehend Harley with the electrocution floors as one or two thugs got caught out on it. Each section cleared 5 - 7 thugs came out and a few with those shock sticks?

Had seen cell 3 frozen in ice...

V F

V F

Soldato
Ah yes, I now see the majority of things missing. Would be nice if the PS5 can do this. A shame the cobwebs do not tear instead of moving like fabric.

Though it is a shame the cape isn't very dynamic. It would have been nice to see it flow like this with PhysX.

V F

V F

Soldato
Damn! This fight was intense on hard. Shame there was no trophy for the end unlike the Titan battle but Freakshow Rodeo popped.

Never thought of using the exploding gel...

Caporegime
Crikey! The Digital Foundry analysis is shocking. Arkham City is running between 20-60 fps (mostly 40fps) and something like 1600x1080 to 1920x1080. Unstable frame rate and unstable resolutions. It really needs a patch to smooth all that out to 1080p60 but probably only doable on PS4 Pro. Ooops, there goes a flying pig. :mad: Now we know why the PhysX effects are missing. They might have managed 720p30 with those. :mad:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Plays fine for me on Xbox One....

Yeah, the guy in the video himself says he thought it was fine and he didn't notice anything until he played the PS4 version straight after. Maybe the lesson is to just ignore all this frame rate babble and get on with playing. I'm starting to sound like a PC gamer. :p

Caporegime
Never thought of using the exploding gel...

That was one of my oversights, too. The gel is more than just for blowing up walls. I never did get the hang of using it in the middle of a firefight. You can roll around the floor and put it in the middle of a combo, for example.

V F

V F

Soldato
Yeah, the guy in the video himself says he thought it was fine and he didn't notice anything until he played the PS4 version straight after. Maybe the lesson is to just ignore all this frame rate babble and get on with playing. I'm starting to sound like a PC gamer. :p

I really loved the entrance to the chimney and the fights in the base of the chimney. That one arm bandit was creepy once he jumped and hulk smashed.

I'm really loving Arkham Asylum more than Arkham City... The darker grittier tone? Like the narrows. I've stopped playing Arkham City up to where Catwoman takes over.

That was one of my oversights, too. The gel is more than just for blowing up walls. I never did get the hang of using it in the middle of a firefight. You can roll around the floor and put it in the middle of a combo, for example.

I really love these huge fights in these Arkham games more than the huge Orc armies in Shadow of Mordor. Well mainly those damn captains.

My only gripe with these 3 games that all seem to suffer the same problems, some of the jumping and climbing always feels rather... magnetic? The player always seems to cling or doesn't quite always intend to go where you exactly want.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Cool video. I always wondered what Batman's actor was like. And to then learn he's been playing Batman for 20 years?! Where was he before Arkham Asylum then? I shall have to look it up.

Soldato
Cool video. I always wondered what Batman's actor was like. And to then learn he's been playing Batman for 20 years?! Where was he before Arkham Asylum then? I shall have to look it up.

Kevin Conroy is regarded as the best voice of Batman. Worst one I have ever heard is the guy who plays James Gordon in the Gotham TV series. He sounded so boring as Batman.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Is Arkham Asylum quite a short story? I'm at the Joker's party now... Though sadly I missed out beating up all the thugs for the party pooper trophy and left out 50% Riddler Trophies.

Though more fun has begun again like that Titan battle and 30 odd thugs. Now 2 Titans and a ton of thugs. I thought this game was going to be quite long?

Is this like Shadow of Mordor that you can run about after completion and clean up all the trophies or you have to replay the damn thing again?

Soldato
Crikey! The Digital Foundry analysis is shocking. Arkham City is running between 20-60 fps (mostly 40fps) and something like 1600x1080 to 1920x1080. Unstable frame rate and unstable resolutions. It really needs a patch to smooth all that out to 1080p60 but probably only doable on PS4 Pro. Ooops, there goes a flying pig. :mad: Now we know why the PhysX effects are missing. They might have managed 720p30 with those. :mad:

that is shocking.

Caporegime
Is Arkham Asylum quite a short story? I'm at the Joker's party now... Though sadly I missed out beating up all the thugs for the party pooper trophy and left out 50% Riddler Trophies.

Though more fun has begun again like that Titan battle and 30 odd thugs. Now 2 Titans and a ton of thugs. I thought this game was going to be quite long?

Is this like Shadow of Mordor that you can run about after completion and clean up all the trophies or you have to replay the damn thing again?

You can do the riddler trophies afterwards.

I wouldn't say it's a short game though. 12-15 hours ish?

Caporegime
So I finally got round to playing these two remasters on the Xbone. They both seem fine to me. The atmosphere is still there, the games are as great as ever and even the yacky aliasing on the Xbone doesn't bother me too much. The textures are much sharper than on the PS3 version I've previously played.

But what about Arkham Knight? I haven't really looked in to that game at all. Is it worth playing? Is it as good as the first two?

V F

V F

Soldato
Arkham Knight seems darker. The fight controls seem better. I like it. Apart from those damn tanks.

Back
Top Bottom