Batteries for Rift S

Associate
Since Xmas day we are now onto the 4th set of batteries. They seem to be hammered by the controllers. I need to revert to rechargeables (used to have loads when the kids were small and had loads of battery based toys), but think these are all no use now.

Cant believe they run out with 2-4 hours a day use only.
Does anyone have a particular brand of recharges - does the Rift S come with Lion units that can be fitted?

Associate
Do yours switch off? Mine don't switch off even with Oculus closed. I've had to start pulling the batteries out after use. Went through a lot more batteries of late..... My cv1 lasted a lot longer so im guessing its the software?

Soldato
Energizer ultimate 3000mah
Panasonic eneloop
Uniross hybrio

Used those no issues though not in rift s just in all sorts of other devices
Higher mah ones are my preference especially for cameras but usually I look for 2400mah+

Soldato
Do yours switch off? Mine don't switch off even with Oculus closed. I've had to start pulling the batteries out after use. Went through a lot more batteries of late..... My cv1 lasted a lot longer so im guessing its the software?

Mine turn off, but turn on if I move them at all. Have you them somewhere where they might be moving slightly all the time?

Associate

No mine don't switch off, i usually just stop the oculus service with the oculus tray tool, when not in use, this has helped and am not using as many batteries as I used to.
But will look into rechargeable ones.

Soldato
I bought the Amazon Basics batteries as they had good reviews, and they were fairly cheap.

I have an issue though - they don't work in the rift S right controller.
Just the right controller.
No problem in the left.

Disposable, Asda own AA batteries work completely fine in the right controller.

Faulty controller? I'm at a loss

Soldato
The Quest controllers are the same. I hardly use it at the moment as I dont have time and the batteries run down very quickly. I've had just what was in the house, Panasonic, Duracell and Energizer. Definitely need to get rechargeables, didnt think it would be necessary seeing as they use one AA.

Back
Top Bottom