*** Battlefield 2042 (Console) ***

Caporegime
So it seems like the rumour mill is starting to pick up with regards to Battlefield 6/Battlefield, possibly a soft reboot called simply “Battlefield”.

• Heavily influenced by BF3
  • Large maps, up to 128 players
  • Coming to PS4 and Xbox too (graphical downgrade, toned down destruction and will have only 32vs32 player modes)
  • Two studios working on last-gen and current-gen versions
  • Battle-Royale in development (EA impressed by Warzone success)

source:

Being influenced by BF3 is good, I enjoyed it back in the day and a modern game is something I look forward to. Not sure about cross gen plans...

Caporegime
OP

Stolen from Reddit:

• Destructible buildings
He calls it ''Levolution on steroids'', there will be fully destructible buildings. For example, when you shoot with a tank on a building it will be damaged and eventually fall over. The destruction isn't simply animated, it's actually calculated. Every building can be destroyed except the buildings that are important for the objectives.

• Squad system
There are squads (4 people) and platoons called "Units". The units will have 3 - 4 squads. There will be a unit leader. This makes it easier to manage large amounts of team mates to complete objectives as the leader will direct each squad (sounds really epic to me, if true).

• Crossplay
Full crossplay between PS5, Xbox Series and PC, he also sayst that if the old-gen version comes out it will be included.

• Free element
There will be some free elements of the game. Probably the Battle Royale mode.

• Battle pass
There's gonna be a battle pass where each season is around 8 - 10 weeks and you can get up to level 100.

Caporegime
OP
Couple of leaked images

3RNsnAz.jpg
0RTPL5h.jpg

Tom Henderson has confirmed they’re real, and apparently he already has the trailer! We can’t be far from the reveal now.

Caporegime
OP
I mean the ultimate edition is the price you’re going to pay year one anyway what with the seasons.

I’ll be using some game credit to buy Xbox points then using MS rewards to get some more to bring the cost down.

The pricing is a little whack though.

Caporegime
OP
The Ultimate edition only seems to offer 3 extra skins, a digital art book and digital soundtrack for £17 over the Gold edition.

Gold is the sweetspot for Series X if you expect to buy the season passes as the base game is £63 with the 10% XBU disount.

I didn’t see the year one pass on the gold edition (admittedly I was reading it on the Brazil Xbox store lol) so yes the gold version is the one to get as it appears you get the complete year one (4 battle passes) included in the price. Still not cheap at £90 (without any discounts) though.

Caporegime
OP
Great news about cross play!

Something I would like to know can I use one BF account for both platforms (I don’t mind buying each game for each platform). Surely it would be as simple to use the same email and password?

As I wouldn’t want to build separate accounts for each platforms, that would suck!

progression is tracked across all platforms so it will be one account (battle.net) across them all

Caporegime
OP
battle.net. I thought that was for COD!?

So on my series X I just sign in with my origin login details (rather than my Microsoft account details).

But I presume I’ll have to buy a copy for my series X and my PC?

lol my bad, I meant to type battlelog, but that was from many years ago so it might just use origin now.

Yes, you will need to buy a copy on every platform you play on.

Caporegime
OP
Ahhh the old "it's an old build" line.....I certainly hope it's correct in this instance but from what I played yesterday I just didn't have a good time.

The constant flickering of textures was annoying, the dodgy sliding animations of enemies that appeared lying down but where running at you, the fact you cant really see where the objectives are, it's all a bit of a mess at the minute.

Not sure I'm feeling the movement in the game either, doesn't really feel like what I remember BF4 feeling like, the weapons also really feel like they lack any kind of punch.

I don't like the grappling hook animation, it just looks weird to see players use it.

It looks nice though, unsure of if I will jump in at launch or wait a week to see how different it is and what improvements have been made and general feedback from players. I'll also play it a little bit more to try and get a feel for the game.

Caporegime
OP
It feels like the influencers are trying to convince themselves the game will be good with their “YES THERES LOTS OF BUGS BUT THE CORE GAMEPLAY IS THERE” tweets

Back
Top Bottom