*** Battlefield 2042 (Console) ***

Soldato
Think i'm going to get this on my Series X to take advantage of my 65" CX. Will play loads better than on my PC with a 1070. I got used to the controls pretty quick with Battlefield V.

EDIT

Looking to pre-order and its asking me to sign up to EA play for a discount, isn't that included with gamepass now?

EDIT2

Just needed to click pre-order then it showed the discount.

EDIT3

And now just before ordering i'm torn between PC and Series X.

Last edited:
Soldato
Assuming it's the same pricing on Xbox as PS5, you get a 10% discount on the three versions which are, IIRC, £70, £90 and £110.

£110 for a rehashed version of BF4, are people genuinely expected to pay this. The world has literally gone bonkers.

This is a game with no single player component either. So quite how they are justifying all this additional expense.

Soldato
this may be an incredible long-term game to have.

No that stopped being a reality the day EA withdrew modding tools from the community.

Their deepest darkest fear is that the modders create something more compelling and popular than the actual studio, even though it would benefit sales of the game, they are that greedy they see it as lost sales of DLC.

The way gaming has gone with ridiculous in game add-ons like a million and one customisations for your gun, pay to win crap, and DLC that should be in the game from launch, it's all because gamers out there are willing to pay for it and the game publishers maximise on the naivety of gamers to keep buying it.

Soldato
No that stopped being a reality the day EA withdrew modding tools from the community.

Their deepest darkest fear is that the modders create something more compelling and popular than the actual studio, even though it would benefit sales of the game, they are that greedy they see it as lost sales of DLC.

The way gaming has gone with ridiculous in game add-ons like a million and one customisations for your gun, pay to win crap, and DLC that should be in the game from launch, it's all because gamers out there are willing to pay for it and the game publishers maximise on the naivety of gamers to keep buying it.

I take your point, but have you seen the Portal mode? Granted, it's not low-level application access, but sure sound like an empowering tool to me. if you've seen it, what are you thoughts on it, not enough?

Soldato
I take your point, but have you seen the Portal mode? Granted, it's not low-level application access, but sure sound like an empowering tool to me. if you've seen it, what are you thoughts on it, not enough?

I hadn't seen that. Having read about it just now it does look like a good way to customise the game experience, but it falls short of letting you design your own map which I think most people would want really.

Associate
This looks like it has turned into a COD clone. Looks way too childish, zip lines and grappling hooks thinking it is rainbow six.

Every release since BF3 is just more and more watered down with each iteration.

Yep, I like at least a "veneer" of authenticity. I'm not keen on a zillion different cosmetics and running around like power rangers. They seem to be moving away from a "battlefield sandbox" experience to something approaching making the "only in Battlefield" moments the premise of the entire game.

Soldato
Do you know if you can upgrade to the gold version later on?

I just realised I would need to get the gold version as that is the series S/X version, where the cheaper standard edition is just the standard xbox one edition.

Also I like how some are already saying its going to be disappointing and a bf4 rehash, when no one has even played it yet. lol.

Caporegime
I just realised I would need to get the gold version as that is the series S/X version, where the cheaper standard edition is just the standard xbox one edition.

Also I like how some are already saying its going to be disappointing and a bf4 rehash, when no one has even played it yet. lol.

Have you watched the trailer? The characters look like something out of Fortnite! When I saw the zip line and grappling hook I instantly pickard.jpeg myself. Battlefield for me at least has always been that game that caters for the more serious gamer. Although that has slowly been going away over the last ten years.

Soldato
Have you watched the trailer? The characters look like something out of Fortnite! When I saw the zip line and grappling hook I instantly pickard.jpeg myself. Battlefield for me at least has always been that game that caters for the more serious gamer. Although that has slowly been going away over the last ten years.

Admittedly no, but I’m going play the beta hopefully and then post my thoughts.

Soldato
That's my problem I always need an FPS of some sort to jump into as that has been the case for the past 20 years so will end up getting it anyway :p

Yeah for sure, the last fps I played was the latest cod, but stopped playing that many months ago as got fed up with how broken it was at times, feel like jumping back in sometimes, but just going to wait for BF.

Soldato
No you don't, they don't make it obvious, but you can buy the XS standard edition, but its 10 bucks (in Australia) more than the X One version. Need to go hunting, but its there.

Soldato
The cross progression, does it work with things like battle pass. For instance, if i buy the gold version for my Xbox can i just buy the basic version for my PC?

Soldato
No you don't, they don't make it obvious, but you can buy the XS standard edition, but its 10 bucks (in Australia) more than the X One version. Need to go hunting, but its there.

I'm looking on UK xbox store, the standard edition doesn't mention series S/X enhanced, the gold edition does, I know the standard edition works on series x but I would want the series x edition.

Back
Top Bottom