*** Battlefield 2042 (Console) ***

Soldato
This looks like it has turned into a COD clone. Looks way too childish, zip lines and grappling hooks thinking it is rainbow six.

Every release since BF3 is just more and more watered down with each iteration.
The trouble with things growing in popularity is it always caters to the lowest common denominator, have you seen the types of gaming videos that are most popular on YouTube? It's all ADHD pewdiepie types that need a frag a second or opening loot crates every minute.

It's hardly surprising gaming studios now cater for this kind of mindlessness. Gone are they days of pitting skill against skill with a carefully balanced set of classes and weapons.

Soldato
Was there an early access? I didn't think there was.

Yeah if you buy the gold or ultimate edition you got the game 7 days early. Well that was the case with the original release date so I'm wondering if that will still be the case, I assume so the early access is the 12th of November. None of the stores have updated their dates though.

Soldato
Yeah if you buy the gold or ultimate edition you got the game 7 days early. Well that was the case with the original release date so I'm wondering if that will still be the case, I assume so the early access is the 12th of November. None of the stores have updated their dates though.

One of the devs posted that it was still,

Im currently wondering how broken it will be for that week. their servers are always pants for the first week.

Soldato
One of the devs posted that it was still,

Im currently wondering how broken it will be for that week. their servers are always pants for the first week.

My guess is they'll rush it out for Christmas, it will be unfinished and full of bugs on release and loose player base quickly.. sound like most BF games lately

Soldato
My guess is they'll rush it out for Christmas, it will be unfinished and full of bugs on release and loose player base quickly.. sound like most BF games lately

I don't recall BF1 or BFV being particularly buggy at launch, more not to everyone's taste due to change in game mechanics. BF4 was ok at launch, it was after the rubber band issues started and that was down to underpowered servers.

People are still playing older Battlefield games across consoles including BC, BF3, BF4, BF1 and BFV. So I highly doubt they'll lose player base.

Man of Honour
I don't recall BF1 or BFV being particularly buggy at launch, more not to everyone's taste due to change in game mechanics. BF4 was ok at launch, it was after the rubber band issues started and that was down to underpowered servers.

People are still playing older Battlefield games across consoles including BC, BF3, BF4, BF1 and BFV. So I highly doubt they'll lose player base.

Agreed; there was a huge amount of moaning about BFV but itnever seemed all that buggy; I've been playing BFV since launch (I bought an Xbox One X just to get it early) and I'm now playing on PC; I've never struggled to get a full or almost full map. For everyone who moans about it there are plenty of folk like me who plays it anyway; its pretty close between Warzone and BFV as to what I've played more this year although after a few weeks of not playing BFV I found it a bit slow after a lot of warzone!

Soldato
I really, really hope this is good, and that they've learned some lessons from previous BF launches. My mate and I adored BC2, BF3 and BF4 but BF1 didn't have the same feel and BF5 launched with so few maps that we lost interest quickly and never returned. Our go-to game the past few years has been PUBG (whilst dipping in and out of other things) but aside from adding in some new maps it hasn't evolved at all, and it was bad enough playing a game that looks and runs so poorly on the PS4 let alone on the PS5.

Back
Top Bottom