*** Battlefield 2042 (Console) ***

Associate
Watched Jackfraps YouTube rundown of the trailer and it made me think of BF4 gameplay which would be brilliant.

More vehicles and not to much Sci fi rubbish jet packs etc, can't wait for the beta.

Soldato
Did..did they actually listen to feedback?
Cause they seem to have remmebered who their audience was from years ago.

1i7epwc1a9471.png

Soldato
Actually just seen pricing. Gaming is done for me.
No campaign, etc.
Digital pricing for the standard game doesn't seem too bad with Game Pass Ultimate. Although MP only is a bit cheeky.

£54 - Standard
£63 - S/X
£81 - Gold
£99 - Ultimate

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I mean the ultimate edition is the price you’re going to pay year one anyway what with the seasons.

I’ll be using some game credit to buy Xbox points then using MS rewards to get some more to bring the cost down.

The pricing is a little whack though.

Soldato
I mean the ultimate edition is the price you’re going to pay year one anyway what with the seasons.

I’ll be using some game credit to buy Xbox points then using MS rewards to get some more to bring the cost down.

Plenty of time to earn at least £50 from reward points.

Associate

The Ultimate edition only seems to offer 3 extra skins, a digital art book and digital soundtrack for £17 over the Gold edition.

Gold is the sweetspot for Series X if you expect to buy the season passes as the base game is £63 with the 10% XBU disount.

Associate
Absolutely shocking from a price point! insane amount of money for a game!
Although it does look good! I suppose we'll have to see the game play trailer, which I think is on the 13th June.

Soldato
Absolutely shocking from a price point! insane amount of money for a game!
Although it does look good! I suppose we'll have to see the game play trailer, which I think is on the 13th June.

I'd expect it to be potentially broken in some way on release as usual.

It is pricey, but if it releases in a dry spell it will sell well regardless. It does thankfully look good and is giving me BF4 vibes.

Hopefully a return to form!

Caporegime
They need to get their quality control together. It has been ten years since BF3 which was the last decent title out of the box. BF4 and BF1 ended up as decent games in my opinion but were basically Beta's at launch. BFV promised so much but delivered so little and was basically alpha at launch. You cannot really blame covid for the lack of updates as they could have easily all worked from home. They just didn't make enough money and used it as an excuse.

Caporegime
OP
The Ultimate edition only seems to offer 3 extra skins, a digital art book and digital soundtrack for £17 over the Gold edition.

Gold is the sweetspot for Series X if you expect to buy the season passes as the base game is £63 with the 10% XBU disount.

I didn’t see the year one pass on the gold edition (admittedly I was reading it on the Brazil Xbox store lol) so yes the gold version is the one to get as it appears you get the complete year one (4 battle passes) included in the price. Still not cheap at £90 (without any discounts) though.

Back
Top Bottom