Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
He does indeed. Never give up on Dennis!

I've just remembered, I was on EA chat to another support member the other day and they informed me that BF3 will not require Origin if running the DVD version.
I assume they were mis-informed because it was confirmed by one of the DICE developers on Twitter that Origin will be required. I do hope so anyway, as many of us have pre-ordered on Origin for just this reason.

Soldato
I would think Onionring is required regardless. I’ll state now also that battlelog will be THE only game browser and Blaze will collapse on day 1. I will eat the internet if I am wrong.

Soldato
He does indeed. Never give up on Dennis!

I've just remembered, I was on EA chat to another support member the other day and they informed me that BF3 will not require Origin if running the DVD version.
I assume they were mis-informed because it was confirmed by one of the DICE developers on Twitter that Origin will be required. I do hope so anyway, as many of us have pre-ordered on Origin for just this reason.

If the DVD one doesn't need Origin then they'll have to download a NoDVD .exe anyway if they don't want to leave it in the drive.

Soldato
Yeah it will just work like a Steamworks title I imagine, click Install which then installs into Origin.

Seeing as most EA games from 2009 onwards can be activated on Origin (i.e. throw your disks away like Valve games) I imagine this will be the case.

BC2 disk copies let you choose disk activation or online, but that didn't involve Origin, so that's probably scrapped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom