Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
WOOOO!!! This is true, still only rank 31 :( Seems near impossible to rank up now, god knows how people have got 50!

ags

Yea. Takes forever to rank up on BC2. By the time BF3 comes out i can see myself ranking a few and thats about it. Right now im on rank 30. Once i start playing BF3 that will be the end of BC2 :( for a while

Soldato
No in-game server browser for bf3- confirmed.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/08/battlefie...wser/#comments

Battlelog will be used to browse servers on the internet browser of your choice.

Expect the first few days / weeks to be region controlled. With Blaze being mainly untested they wont want a repeat of the fiasco that was BC2 launch week when Plasma collapsed on an almost hourly basis. If your in the UK I very much doubt we will be able to see any servers outside of the EU.

Soldato
When you run the BF3 executable, a web browser opens up with Battlelog. From there, you use the web-based server browser to pick a game. A magnet link will open BF3 and it will start loading the game.

- no big deal. the server browsers have always been trash.

Soldato
Is it possible to change EA master ID?
I presume the ID name shown on the top right corner of Origin is the master ID?

At the moment it is Adeel27, but would like to change it to WingZero30 (cooler name:D), if it is not already taken up?

Soldato
U guys type way to much to keep up with this! What is the current situation re spotting, beta release date and mp trailers?

i think spotting is likely to change again before final release - so far its a bit of both depending on your situation. 3d tracking has been removed tho for sure - line of sight is now needed.

beta not sure.

theres a lot of news about uavs and stuff, seems most classes now have some sort of drone device that can scan areas. i guess this is to help the game flow with lack of commander and the larger maps.

starting to think the game might get delayed a bit, still seems like a lot of work needs to be done according to gamescom feedback (quite buggy)....

Last edited:
Associate
U guys type way to much to keep up with this! What is the current situation re spotting, beta release date and mp trailers?

Spotting is still in, but toned down and line of site only (infantry spotting that is. Vehicles are still bfbc2 style)

Beta release date is <insert random date here>

MP trailer is awesome :D

Permabanned
I pre ordered from OCUK for 29 quid iirc when it was on their weekly deal... something like that. I get that Krakov map and whatever else is included in the Limited Edition DLC.

Soldato
Is it possible to change EA master ID?
I presume the ID name shown on the top right corner of Origin is the master ID?

At the moment it is Adeel27, but would like to change it to WingZero30 (cooler name:D), if it is not already taken up?

Seems like EA master ID can be changed:)

Didn't get WingZero30, but ended up with WingZero300 for now:cool:.

Hi, my name is Rahul. How may I help you?
Adeel Mirza: Hi. I would like to ask if it is possible to change EA/Origin master ID?
Rahul: Yes, it can be changed after some verification.
Adeel Mirza: Thanks :)
Adeel Mirza: What kind of verification you require?
Rahul: Please provide me your email address, EA id and date of birth associated with the account.
Adeel Mirza: [email protected] Current EA ID: Adeel27 DOB: ** August 1983
Rahul: Thank you for providing me the information. Please stay online while I look into your issue.
Adeel Mirza: Ok
Rahul: Thank you for your patience.
Adeel Mirza: No problem
Rahul: May I know your name of choice that you want to use for your EA id?
Adeel Mirza: WingZero30
Rahul: I am sorry but this name has already been occupied by any other player.
Rahul: Please provide me any other name.
Adeel Mirza: WingZero300
Rahul: I am glad to inform you that your EA id has been changed to WingZero300.
Adeel Mirza: Thanks. So all the previous EA games I bought (including via steam) and future EA games will be linked to this ID, yes?
Rahul: Yes.
Rahul: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Adeel Mirza: Thanks for you time. If in near future if the need arise to change ID, can it be done again?
Rahul: Yes, it can be.
Adeel Mirza: Will I be sent a confirmation email of the change in EA ID?
Rahul: No, you will not get any confirmation email for it.
Rahul: You can check your updated EA id here www.profile.ea.com
Adeel Mirza: Thanks. Origin has updated aswell with the new ID
Adeel Mirza: Many thanks for your help
Rahul: Do you have any other concern?
Adeel Mirza: not for now :p
'Adeel Mirza' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user').

origingui.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Why post all that lol?

As bad as Number_25 and his laughable screen grabs.

hehehe :p

I have been googling the issue of changing EA master ID and there seemed to be mix responses about it. In my case it has been changed and can be changed again. May be this was a one off or Rahul seems to know the issue

Also if anyone want to add me, they can do so and not get confused about the new name :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom