Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Associate
I Sent a message to Zavvi regarding Battlefield 4 and the premium membership and I have 2 reply's from different people within the space of 6 minutes.

They obviously don't know what they're talking about especially Jess as she refers to it as "this" Battlefield 4.....

Just read this:

That's interesting and quite innovative but it's the medi-packs that are the reason medics themselves are overpowered. I wonder if they have changed these in any way.

Caporegime
You've lost me. You're saying Premium is only a 12 month subscription not a life-of-product upgrade?! :confused: Plus you and the description both call it a "Pack", so your contradicting yourself.

And also premium IS access to all DLC, that's the whole point of it.

Here's what he emailed them:

For your records, your original query was:

I have an issue with something else.

Issue selected - Other non-order questions
Issue details - Other enquiries
Additional details - Hi there. I have a question about a game you have on a sale:

Battlefield 4 - Free Premium Expansion DLC When You Pre Order Now PC.

I just want you to clarify something before I place a pre order.
By pre ordering this, am I getting the full game, and the premium subscription that includes all 5 expansion packs?

Thank you, Adam.

This was there response:

One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:

Hello Adam,

Thank you for getting in touch about Battlefield 4.

Yes thats correct, you will receive the game and the expansion pack giving you access to future DLCs as well.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Samantha

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

So it's just a waiting game to see if they honour it or not I suppose,I have taken the plunge its no real loss if they don't but if they do then it will be a very good deal indeed.
We shall see I suppose

Look at the wording on the battlefield 4 premium website:

Push the boundaries of what Battlefield 4 can be with a Premium membership. Secure early access to all five expansion packs

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/premium

Notice here premium is referred to as "membership" while each DLC is referred to as a "pack"

Premium is not an expansion pack ,and Zavvi are wrong to imply that the china rising expansion pack that you get free with your pre order gives you all the other expansion packs free too.

Caporegime
I Sent a message to Zavvi regarding Battlefield 4 and the premium membership and I have 2 reply's from different people within the space of 6 minutes.

My Question

Answer 1

Answer 2

They obviously don't have a clue and are going to find themselves right up the creek come release day and customers find they don't have a premium membership code in their box.

They are gonna get a ton of complaints, because somebody has posted it on Hot UK Deals saying it includes premium for free.

Associate
They obviously don't have a clue and are going to find themselves right up the creek come release day and customers find they don't have a premium membership code in their box.

They are gonna get a ton of complaints, because somebody has posted it on Hot UK Deals saying it includes premium for free.

i still feel that EA are the root cause of this issue with their confusing convoluted system of buy the game.

i even checked last night to try and work out what i should be buying and i'm not totally sure. not sure on the difference between gold battlepacks and battlepacks and whether 'premium' gives you more than just the DLC, plus a whole load of other things that are unclear. not surprised retailers are unsure what they are selling

Caporegime
Agreed, They should have a "premium" version that costs about £60 that includes BF4 and includes premium membership.

Doesn't help that they are giving away one of the expansion packs you get for free with premium, with your pre order either.

Soldato
KD isn't the only useful thing a player can contribute to the team, but as it currently stands the KD that we see in our stats isn't telling me any useful information. i need to know the real KD

Make logical sense.
if they are revived they aint dead.
then your kill shouldnt count.
better mechanics IMO.

Agreed, They should have a "premium" version that costs about £60 that includes BF4 and includes premium membership.

Doesn't help that they are giving away one of the expansion packs you get for free with premium, with your pre order either.

You can wait until close to first/second expansion anyhow to buy premium etc..as the price tends to drop a bit.
However, I dont play many games and if BF4 suits my fps gaming experience needs then it aint much for maybe 2 to 5 years of gaming there.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So i sent a query to Zavvi and got two responses

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your order

I can confirm that the item comes with the below DLC codes:

Five digital expansion packs featuring new multiplayer maps and in-game content
Two-week early access to all expansion packs for an edge on the competition
Exclusive personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dog tags and more
Priority position in server queues
New content every week
12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks

These are all of the DLC codes that have been listed by the manufacturers, if they are more they will be added on to the description.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Aran

Thank you for getting in touch about Battlefield 4.

I can confirm that this version of Battlefield 4 will indeed include the premium expansion bonus, however I would not be able to confirm the full details of this currently.

Kind regards,

Chris

They don't have a ******* clue.

Associate
Would they have to honour what they have said on the website if people have preordered and it turns out not to be correct?

They would have to either honour it or give a full refund. I imagine they will offer to give a full refund but only once they have shipped it, and then you need to ship it back to claim the refund. So people won't bother.

Soldato

They did the same with BF3, I bought the standard version and then had to buy back to karkland or whatever and then bought premium which came with the karkland expansion

Soldato
i don't think they have to legally. they can just give you a refund.

but by then it's too late, cos now you can't preorder

They would have to either honour it or give a full refund. I imagine they will offer to give a full refund but only once they have shipped it, and then you need to ship it back to claim the refund. So people won't bother.

Hmmmm, you're probably right, just looking at my best option for buying the game and premium...

Associate
Hmmmm, you're probably right, just looking at my best option for buying the game and premium...

I figured that £35 is worth it for the main game (unless they mess it up, in which case any amount spent on a preorder is foolish). Anything extra I get free is a bonus. We'll at least get the first DLC, so that gives a while to check out cd key sites to get the premium for cheap.

I might keep an eye on the OCUK offer though - if it drops low enough/has any extras I may cancel my pre-order and switch it to OCUK for loyalty.

Soldato
Hi Guys,

Been keeping an eye on the conversations about pre-order etc.

I would like to pre-order, get early access and the premium DLC - So no paying for the expansions at a later date.

Is anyone sure what one that should be yet ? :D

Cheers

Caporegime
Hi Guys,

Been keeping an eye on the conversations about pre-order etc.

I would like to pre-order, get early access and the premium DLC - So no paying for the expansions at a later date.

Is anyone sure what one that should be yet ? :D

Cheers

You need any copy of Battlefield 4 you can find

And battlefield 4 Premium mebership.

Ie This

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc-dvd/games/shooter/battlefield-4/

and this

http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield-4/buy/premium-pc

Back
Top Bottom