Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Caporegime

More or less :p

Very good pilot but as he said more or less that map is just too favourable towards aircraft;

- lack of AA
- no cover whatsoever

And as shown, stingers etc. are utterly useless and even when you get a successful lock, the pilot can just do that 360 degree turn and they miss.......

Don't know why DICE didn't provide more cover for infantry etc. from aircraft in most of the maps. Granted there isn't really much you can do with a farm environment, but they should have just left out aircraft for maps like that as the game play would have been so much better, as the saying goes "sometimes less is more"

Although the biggest problem is the spotting, just highlights everything for them so hopefully DICE have nerfed aircrafts "scope" for spotting and/or changed how it works i.e. they can only spot heavy/light tanks, boats and other aircraft in BF 4, no spotting on infantry and transport vehicles i.e. jeeps, jet skis etc.

Soldato
My 2nd reply from zavvi CS.

Sent by: You. 30 August 2013, 17:36

Hi

So the Battlefield 4 - Free Premium Expansion DLC When You Pre Order Now PC is the game and the Battlefield 4™ Premium Membership.

That includes the following

Early Access to Themed Digital Expansion Packs, New Weekly Content and Exclusive Personalization Options at a Great Value.

Battlefield 4™ Premium membership includes:
• Five digital expansion packs featuring new multiplayer maps and in-game content
• Two-weeks early access to all expansion packs for that competitive edge
• Exclusive personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
• Priority position in server queues
• New weekly content and challenges
• 12 Battlepacks

Sent by: zavvi. 02 September 2013, 16:17

Hi,

Thank you for your email regarding Battlefield 4 - Free Premium Expansion DLC.

I can confirm that the above extra content that you listed is included, as described in the product details:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platform...sion-dlc-when-you-pre-order-now/10790705.html

If there is anything else I can help you with then please let me know.

Kind regards,

Dennis
Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Associate

Sent by: You. 30 August 2013, 17:36

Hi

So the Battlefield 4 - Free Premium Expansion DLC When You Pre Order Now PC is the game and the Battlefield 4™ Premium Membership.

That includes the following

Early Access to Themed Digital Expansion Packs, New Weekly Content and Exclusive Personalization Options at a Great Value.

Battlefield 4™ Premium membership includes:
• Five digital expansion packs featuring new multiplayer maps and in-game content
• Two-weeks early access to all expansion packs for that competitive edge
• Exclusive personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
• Priority position in server queues
• New weekly content and challenges
• 12 Battlepacks

Sent by: zavvi. 02 September 2013, 16:17

Hi,

Thank you for your email regarding Battlefield 4 - Free Premium Expansion DLC.

I can confirm that the above extra content that you listed is included, as described in the product details:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platform...sion-dlc-when-you-pre-order-now/10790705.html

If there is anything else I can help you with then please let me know.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Wow, if it's true then that's amazing!! I might even go for it myself and I'm not a massive BF player :eek:

Soldato

snip

No wonder they went bankrupt.

+1

Utterly stupid that imo.

Only reason it could be useful is to highlight some camping noob/sniper :p

It's also a complete disincentive to be a good sniper (i.e. get a couple of kills and move to new cover - move and fire and move and fire) as they will be highlighted on the map even if they are employing decent tactics. Hope it doesnt make it into game. Perhaps a "hot zone" where multiple kills have occurred in a short time period would be preferable.

Last edited:
Soldato
Regarding this alleged 'bargain' for BF4 + Premium DLC from Zavvi, I got a reply from customer services...believe what you want but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I have an issue with with order number: xxx

Order items:xxx,

Issue selected - I have a problem with my order
Issue details - Other order problem
Additional details -

Hi,

I wish to confirm the details of the item I have ordered and what is included in the price.

Does the PC Game Battlefield 4 - Free Premium Expansion DLC game I have ordered include the game and Premium extras including the 5 DLC's that will be released in the future at no extra cost?

I understand the developer plans to release 5 DLC add ons and other extras after the game has released for an additional charge. However, your item description for this game (under Features: ) states that these 5 DLC's and other extras are included in the asking price.

Is this correct?

Kind Regards, Mark.

One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:

Hello Mark,

Thank you for getting in touch about your pre-order for this item.

I have now spoken to the relevant department regarding this issue and they have advised that your order will include the extra DLC codes.

Thanks again for getting in contact with us.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Chris

Either this is going to turn out to be a massive BF4 bargain or a massive Zavvi **** storm. Think I will pre-write my complaint email now but hold onto that little glimmer of hope.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,

Been reading these posts on zavvi's deal & to be honest i think some of you have some major wishful thinking going on / completely lost the plot.

After reading the zavvi website, i would take it as the china rising DLC,(which is a premium expansion dlc), the fact that someone in Customer Service does not know the difference will not hold water for any customer. people make mistakes and companies are allowed to make them however the current description is easy to defend.

If it stated "Battlefield 4 with Battlefield Premium", (which to be honest everyone here should know that's what its called) then yes i would say it should be coming with the full 5 pack DLC's, as it stands it more than implies its a single item, just because you wish it not to a single item does not make it so.

Associate
Hi,

Been reading these posts on zavvi's deal & to be honest i think some of you have some major wishful thinking going on / completely lost the plot.

After reading the zavvi website, i would take it as the china rising DLC,(which is a premium expansion dlc), the fact that someone in Customer Service does not know the difference will not hold water for any customer. people make mistakes and companies are allowed to make them however the current description is easy to defend.

If it stated "Battlefield 4 with Battlefield Premium", (which to be honest everyone here should know that's what its called) then yes i would say it should be coming with the full 5 pack DLC's, as it stands it more than implies its a single item, just because you wish it not to a single item does not make it so.

Have u read the description on zavvi?
Not sure how u can say people have lost the plot tbh people are just trying to get the best deal if you are happy to spend £85+ for both without trying to save money good for you others obviously are not,multiple emails have been sent all saying the same thing (from different advisors not just 1)that u will get the premium aswell (confirming 5 dlc not just the 1 u have quoted)
In all honesty it doesn't matter it's worth trying your luck at that price If it doesn't happen so be it if it does then well I have saved a lot of money compared to everyone else who have happily sat here calling people deluded and so on for ordering it from there!

Either way there truly is nothing to lose pre ordering and trying your luck if u get so angry that u don't get the premium when it comes to it cancel it its worth the risk(not that there is any)
U show me a better potential deal/deal set in stone ....................

Last edited:
Soldato
Have u read the description on zavvi?
Not sure how u can say people have lost the plot tbh people are just trying to get the best deal if you are happy to spend £85+ for both without trying to save money good for you others obviously are not,multiple emails have been sent all saying the same thing (from different advisors not just 1)that u will get the premium aswell (confirming 5 dlc not just the 1 u have quoted)
In all honesty it doesn't matter it's worth trying your luck at that price If it doesn't happen so be it if it does then well I have saved a lot of money compared to everyone else who have happily sat here calling people deluded and so on for ordering it from there!

Either way there truly is nothing to lose pre ordering and trying your luck if u get so angry that u don't get the premium when it comes to it cancel it its worth the risk(not that there is any)
U show me a better potential deal/deal set in stone ....................

Please don't write in text speak.

Associate
I think I'll pre-order from Origin, mainly to avoid all of this faff.

There is no faff though.

The situation:
Zavvi have a misleading item description which appears to claim that for £35 you get teh base game + all DLC. This has been corroborated by multiple responses from the customer support team.

Potential outcomes:

1. The above is in fact true.

2. They have made a mistake, you only get the base game and they do nothing about the misleading description.

3. They have made a mistake and offer some form of compensation as an apology for misleading customers. (refund/% off next purchase).

No matter which way it goes you will still be getting, as a minimum, the same pre-order that is available at most other sites. Albeit at a cost of £5 more than can be had at GMG.

I don't understand why people are getting so bent out of shape about it. What is the harm in trying and hoping?

Soldato
There is no faff though.

The situation:
Zavvi have a misleading item description which appears to claim that for £35 you get teh base game + all DLC. This has been corroborated by multiple responses from the customer support team.

Potential outcomes:

1. The above is in fact true.

2. They have made a mistake, you only get the base game and they do nothing about the misleading description.

3. They have made a mistake and offer some form of compensation as an apology for misleading customers. (refund/% off next purchase).

No matter which way it goes you will still be getting, as a minimum, the same pre-order that is available at most other sites. Albeit at a cost of £5 more than can be had at GMG.

I don't understand why people are getting so bent out of shape about it. What is the harm in trying and hoping?

I have to agree with Chiefy

Associate
Please don't write in text speak.

If you can't read/find it hard to read what i typed then god help you because that is hardly txt speak (I hate txt speak) its not perfect English grammar and its got a slight txt speak to it but I'm on my phone and don't have the time or inclination to mess around proof reading just to please the grammar nazi's.

Last edited:
Associate
If you can't read/find it hard to read what i typed then god help you because that is hardly txt speak (I hate txt speak) its not perfect English grammar and its got a slight txt speak to it but I'm on my phone and don't have the time or inclination to mess around proof reading just to please the grammar nazi's.

That apostrophe in the uncapitalised "nazi's" was deliberate wasn't it? I like your style. :D

Caporegime
zavi response on what will actually happen

sorry for the confusion we made a mistake heres a 5-10 pound voucher for the trouble. sorry for any inconvenience.

thing is is this for a digital download or retail disc copy ?

Back
Top Bottom