BBC iPlayer - Edge too slow for streaming

Soldato
Hmm I know, works great over wifi though. With the iPhone, EDGE to me means "email and web browsing". Not quite the "internet in your pocket" but its as close as you can get for now.

If I keep that in mind I dont disappoint myself.

Associate
Has been since Stevey J said that the current 3G chips were too battery intensive. The date is far from confirmed though.

Steve has said that 3G phone will appear in 2008, however wether that is year 2008, or FY2008. I think some other people have said Q2 2008 and mentioned June, but not concrete, other then 2008.

Associate
how do I get iplayer on my iphone?

Im not sure if you can get a web app icon on your home page (i hope you can), but i just google searched it and loaded the page.

Im very impressed with it so far, im currently watching this weeks horizon, amazing video quality :D

Associate
Yea a iPhone specific version would be nice, I found that some videos didnt work like BBBC Click??.

It would be pretty easy to draft up in a few days, bit of javascript to detect the browser version and forward to a iphone formatted webpage maybe:p

Soldato
It is already on it's own page, just not content specific.

As for stuff not being available, same reason as YouTube, the shizzle needs to be H.264.

I expect more and more stuff will pop up soon™.

Back
Top Bottom