BBC possibly to drop F1 coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Oh god they are already comparing it to football.

Yeah football is shown in so many pubs, they also don't just have 20matchs a year.

Last edited:
Associate
I know it makes no sense but I now have little enthusiasm for the rest of the season. I can't explain it but maybe it really is the end of over a decade of interest in F1 for me :(

Soldato
We have the full Sky package, multiroom and HD making it about £80 a month but i'm appauled by this decision.

The BBC mostly had the coverage right, and I believe as many sports as possible should be shown on free-to-air channels.

I know it sounds hypocritical coming from me, but I hope a lot of you don't cave. It's too late for me, however (the rest of the house would disown me if I even suggested dropping Sky).

Soldato
Say wha'? Not sure what you're saying - do you mean only one IP can show up? I watch Sky Go on my friend's account... I live in the south west, he lives in the midlands... and we also both used it in Yorkshire when we were there for uni last year. We just can't use it at the same time, else it boots the other person off.

So all is good to go then :)
I will get my dish out soon and watch it for free dead easy to setup.

Soldato
I know it makes no sense but I now have little enthusiasm for the rest of the season. I can't explain it but maybe it really is the end of over a decade of interest in F1 for me :(

Same here, although I've been following F1 for 20+ years, such a shame - sadly inevitable.

Soldato
i just dont have the enthuasim anymore to care. Its not about the cost its the principles of it. F1 is a such a global sport and it feels like we in the UK (where half the teams are based) are just getting left out yet again by the Sky Money machine.

I think im done with it. I couldnt sell my sole to Sky

Soldato
My Grandad hasnt missed a race for a long time. There is no way a pensioner can afford £60 a month to watch Sky Sports. Feel gutted for him, at least with me i can download the race illegally he is screwed

Soldato
OP
Will sky show it advert-free?

I would imagine so, They dont interrupt football while the game is on, they just break for halftime. I'd imagine we would see commercials 30 seconds before the race start and 30 seconds after the race ends. Then periodically throughout the coverage.

Whitmarsh seems a little surprised by the deal so hopefully something might happen but i'm not holding my breath.

Soldato
Because the only show football on sky sports 1?

And what difference does it make if they show it on SS1 or SSN?
Im pretty sure there are different levels up subscriptions where you can get SS1 and not SS2. This means you would have to pay more to get the F1, and not everyone would get it with their current package. Interesting to see what channel they want to put it on.

Soldato
Will sky show it advert-free?

Was one of my first initial thoughts. I'm really gutted to read this today, I just logged online to check how FP1 went as I got up late and instead of finding that in my newsbox I see this terrible news.

My Grandad hasnt missed a race for a long time. There is no way a pensioner can afford £60 a month to watch Sky Sports. Feel gutted for him, at least with me i can download the race illegally he is screwed

A lot of people don't really have £60 spare each month for such services. It is really frustrating. I will probably buy Sky Sports when the change happens but this is something I could probably do without.

I would like to know how the format will happen, will Brundle work for Sky or will there be others every other week like we get with the Champions League coverage between ITV and Sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom