BBC Top Gear - Series 23 discussion thread

Man of Honour
Yeah it's basically the same show without the old crew. I can't see it being anywhere near as funny but that's what has been said all along.

I'll watch it, probably be bored and look forward to the Clarkson's new show

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I think it seems win win for everyone.

The new show looks like it should be more of the same but with a renewed crew, the trailer makes it look very watchable.

Then on top of this we get Clarkson who gets to go off with increased funding and less PC handholding and continue where he was.

Associate
Not really gripped by that, come's over as trying to replicate what was already there, which they won't get because it's a different line-up. Looking forward to the usual trio with their own show.

Man of Honour
I love the fact that the top gear image they use on the side of the page still has Clarkson, Hammond and May on it. :D

But it's the same as old top gear and most likely without the bonding between the hosts... as theres now so many.

Associate
Will give it a watch but it looks like they've tried to replicate the formula rather than go a new route with it.

Likewise, that trailer isn't much to go on, probably watch the first series and decide from there. Hopefully it won't be over PC like so much on the BBC.

Man of Honour
Looks fine, however it's the personality and interaction that matters and you can't see that in a trailer.

Still think it's likely to fail and they should have sold the brand and made a brand new show if they wanted. Can just see a waste of public funding as the brand dies out.

But off course i'll watch it.

Back
Top Bottom