Votes: 134 76.6%
  • Gas

Votes: 38 21.7%
  • Don't like BBQ's

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
That doesn’t really contradict much of what D.P. said...

With a well looked after charcoal grill the benefits can be seen:

When searing (generally a higher temperature can be got), but that’s irrelevant when you’re looking to cook anything else but thin steaks. Many gas bbqs have sear plates to solve this issue

It can impart some smoke flavour when cooking for long periods, a “problem” that can be solved by adding wood chips/lumps of your preferred flavour (which you should be doing with charcoal if you care about smoke flavour anyway).

Tbh this charcoal vs gas thing seems to be a cultural thing anyway. In North America the vast majority of people use gas. I have one friend that uses charcoal on a regular basis and he always adds lumps of wood to impart the flavour he wants. I’m sure DP will have a similar experience. In the UK it’s a much more even balance.

Soldato
I said "if you really wanted"... I personally wouldn't, as carrying more than just a grille would defeat the point of cooking on an open fire.
When i go camping the most basic cooking i do is by taking a cast iron grill plate, placing it over a fire on some stones and use what ever wood i can find. Still tastes the same as cooking it on my gas BBQ at home.

I don't get where people get the idea a BBQ has to be charcoal. You don't have to has a gas oven in your kitchen to have an oven when electric is also an oven.

Back
Top Bottom