Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Watercooled - (another one)

Associate
Firstly I haven't been here since November 2007, in that time I have built some rigs but this will be my first Acrylic Tube build (as you will see)

CPU - Intel i7 6800k
GPU - Palit 1080 GTX Game Rock Premium
PSU - Corsair AX860i
MB - Asus X99-AII
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz
SSD - Intel 512GB 600p M.2 (system)
SSD - 1TB (Storage)
HDD's - 4 TB Backup (mirrored on LAN)
Case - BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 Black/Silver
Fans - BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 x5
Front Rad - EK-Coolstream CE 280
Top Rad - EK-Coolstream PE 360
CPU Block - EK - Supremacy EVO X99 - Nickel
GPU Block - EK-FC1080 GTX - Nickel
GPU Backplate - EK-FC1080 GTX Backplate - Black
Pump & Res - Thermaltake Pacific PR15-D5 (might change as it looks ugly)
Res Mounts - Singularity Computers
Fittings - EK-HDC
Tubing - EK Acrylic 12-16
Coolant - Mayhems Pastel White or EK Clear (undecided)

Associate
OP
1.jpg

Associate
OP
I was undecided whether the fans should go inside or out. Having powered up the fans, outside seems good, inside and the rear fan and IO ports foul with the res fittings and the board is at its lowest height.

5.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Here is where I am stuck until the shop open again or the post/couriers start working again. It would have been finished but being my first time working with acrylic tubing.....(see the next post).

6.jpg

Associate
OP
Rage. 4 tubes wasted, I have a bunch of straight pieces that are too short to work with.

You can see one blistered, the operating window re temperature is so narrow. I also discovered the silicon insert doesn't like multiple bends.

EK if you read these forums, your tubing needs to be minimum 800mm. 500mm is too short and if mistakes are made the whole length becomes waste, but then maybe that is your business model.

3.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Cool! Subbed :)

Not tried bending any tube yet but think i'm going to start tomorrow as I now have all the bits :) Hope it goes well lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Olive oil on the insert... then wash out then it won't get stuck. You're holding the tube too close to the heat gun looking at those also. It's better to bend when a little firmer than too warm.

Associate
OP
My old nemesis, cabling. Be Quiet need to make a little more space on this side of the case, its a bit of a squeeze. I think the bulk of the cabling will eventually be hidden behind a panel put in place by the drive rack. I'm not one for faffing about with custom cables, life is way to short.

10.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The finale. This will do for a few years I should think.

That lighting is actually white. Theirs an old wallet behind the res for now until I get a piece of metal or plastic cut to size.

12.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Idle Temps (Top). Project Cars maxed out (Bottom). I'll take these all day long and the heating has been on a majority of the day so the room temps are around 20-21.

18.JPG

PCars...

pcars.JPG

Associate
Very nice. I like the way you did your bends reminds me of mine a little.

Quite liking the case also, may have to do a new build in one if theres any new systems worth building in the next couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom