Be Quiet Dark Pro 11

Associate
Hi - my new build has a 1000W version of the above. A couple of times it made a spark noise when turning it on at its own power switch, but then it was fine for a few months. It is only a few months old, and yesterday there was a very loud bang/snap noise when I turned it on at the mains (the psu was in the on position). PC is fine and started no problems. Has anyone else experienced this and is it something to worry about or do PSU's sometimes do this?

thanks

Associate
OP
OK - thanks guys. phoned overclockers and they have agreed to RMA. i'll need to get a temporary PSU while its away. I have two rads in a custom loop with a 5930K and a single 980ti. will a 750W be fine for the time being?

Man of Honour
A decent 650w would be enough for that.

Hard wired

My basket at Overclockers UK:

The pair of Antecs are Seasonic built units with dual 12v rails of 648w and 744w respectively. Both have a 5 year warranty. The 750w is particularly good value at only £5 more than the 650w version.

The Superflower has a single 12v rail of 648w and also has a 5 year warranty.

Semi-modular

This has a 744w single 12v rail and a 5 year warranty.

Modular

Both are Seasonic built units both have a single 12v rail of 648w and both have a 5 year warranty.

I would have included the EVGA Supernova G2 650w as it's a better unit and has a 7 year warranty but it's out of stock here.

Soldato
I'm surprised you didn't spot my thread from a few days ago, I have an Enermax that does the exact same thing.

I don't have the time or expertise to fix it though, so replacing it, as you're doing.

Associate
OP
Yep missed that thread then. Bit disturbing that these heavy duty psu's pass QC when they could possibly fry components. Ordered a 750w coolermaster as a temporary psu while mine is RMA. Will see what sort of build quality they have.

Back
Top Bottom