Be wary of CDKeys

Soldato
I had used them on and off before,and had been fine. I bought a game key on PC a few weeks ago,for something which was released in the last week. It never came - so queried their CS a few days ago. No answer outside an automated E-mail. Waited 24 hours,asked what was happening. Used social media to contact them no answer,and then looked on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/cdkeys?lang=en

LMAO,loads of people not receiving their keys,sometimes upto 4 days after a CS query,there was no answer!!

Then saw this:

Note: Due to a heavy influx of requests, we're expecting a response time of 24-48 hours to get back to you. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Occasionally, there may be a situation where order confirmation emails take longer than usual to arrive. Kindly check your spam/junk folder. If there's no email even after 30 minutes passed, please raise a support request here. For faster resolution, raise only 1 support request. Sending in more requests or replying more than once to your unanswered request, will push your request further back in the queue, causing a delayed response. Be assured that our Customer Care team will reply ASAP. We truly appreciate your patience.

It seems they are having major issues now,so are having a heavy level of CS queries. That tells me they are not delivering keys.

So after two working days in Dubai(this is where they are located),I had no response and the key had been bought weeks ago. Then I decided to contact them via Paypal mediation. Waited another working day and nothing. So at this point I had used e-mail,social media and Paypal to contact them. The joke is before using Paypal to contact them they say it normally takes around 2 hours for a response. LMAO.

Then I had to escalate it to a claim and got my refund.

So for the time-being be wary of them. You might get a key from them,you might not. Make sure you check Twitter.

Also if you have a problem,and they do ignore your CS query within 48 hours,just go straight to your payment provider.

Edit!!

Investigating this further it might be more with newer games.

Last edited:
Soldato
This would be a shame if true.

I've been using CD Keys for years no with no issues.

My BF5 key is bought from them.

Would be a shame if they went out of business as prices elsewhere are just silly.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
I pre-ordered my Bf V with them.
Paid via PayPal so a refund shouldn't be an issue if they go bump?

Keep an eye on things.I am. It could be a temporary issue or they might be going **** up.

Either way Paypal should protect you. If you don't get the key by the expected date,then immediately contact their CS. If they ignore you,then just go to Paypal.

I hope they are OK,as they are one of the few reasonably priced places which seemed OK.

Soldato
OP
Well it should be an automated process to send the keys out. This seems more a case they were selling stock they didn't have. The issues seem to be getting progressively worse. I wonder if this is mostly for newer releases though??

Soldato
Shady is as shady does :D

Grey market is what it is.

How lazy customer service can be defended with "Well, you got your money back" is beyond me.

That's quite a good defence especially when it's only game keys it's not like it's anything important..

And its not like you are wasting hours on the phone to them

Back
Top Bottom