Beckham - Netflix Documentary

Soldato
Didn't know this was even a thing until I saw it advertised on the sky planner. Watched the first episode last night and have to say it was a bit of a guilty pleasure. Maybe because I just loved the 90s and seeing clips of news reels, oasis, world cups etc etc

Really enjoyed it, will be watching the second episode tonight

Oh....and I forgot just how hot Victoria looked when she was in the spice girls :cry:

Soldato
OP
When David got that red card did the booing really go on for 2 years, did I hear that right?

The first season in the premier league was bad, but it did settle down. It kept going during the England games, but then stopped after Greece.

He was an easy target for the opposition supporters, but think he said he used this to spur him on. The boos during the games was nothing as that's part of the course, it was more the family attacks and things off the pitch which were the bigger problem.

The British public gave him more abuse than a pedo! think of that :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Watched all four, I can't believe the amount of crap Beckham and Posh put up with, it was relentless.
Any lesser human would have topped themselves.
It's unbelievable she stayed with him: I'm going to Spain, I'm going to USA, I'm going to Spain, I'm going to France, I'm going to USA, that must have been so hard for her and she stuck with him.
I've got a huge admiration for them both to go through all that.

He was a bit selfish, especially with a young family. Some would call it being driven. Depends where you draw the line. Hopefully they found the right balance.
The kids seem ok.

Soldato
OP
My favourite bit which showed his character was when Capello told him he would never play for Real Madrid and he had to practise on his own.
Capello was gobsmacked he didn't ask to leave but just kept turning up for training on his own for about 3 months until capello gave in..

Yeah, definately shows his character. I think it's the same with Victoria. They are both strong people.

Back
Top Bottom