Been sent a watch what I haven't ordered?

Associate
Hi all, bit of a weird one this.

Got a parcel delivered today to "Roy" and my sirname, i'm expecting some XBox games off a guy off here so I thought he'd just got my name mixed up - my first name is Rob.

Opened it up and there is a brand new Police watch all boxed up, with a flyer advertising Fusion in Sheffield - seems to be this one - http://fusionsheffield.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=263

I know for a fact I haven't ordered this. I've checked my PayPal account and there hasn't been any withdrawals etc. I don't have online banking but first thing tommorow morning i'm going to ring the shop up and ask when it was ordered etc, and also ring my bank to see if the money has been taken out of my account.

The worst thing is I don't even like the watch! Black and orange, looks like some cheap Action Man thing!

could it have been ordered for someone else in the same street with the same surname? Go and have a look in the phone book, and if there is then call them up and ask them if they were expecting a watch, if they say yes, then ask them to confirm the brand of the watch, if they answer correctly then give it to them, if not then keep it and flog it on ebay.

Also is there no form of reciept or dispatch note with it?

Associate
OP
Felix LaPoubelle said:
could it have been ordered for someone else in the same street with the same surname? Go and have a look in the phone book, and if there is then call them up and ask them if they were expecting a watch, if they say yes, then ask them to confirm the brand of the watch, if they answer correctly then give it to them, if not then keep it and flog it on ebay.

Also is there no form of reciept or dispatch note with it?

It's a no to both questions mate.

Reckon it might be someone who's got my card details somehow and guessed my first name? As my card will just have first initial on...But then why would they send it to my address...

Can't be a present either as whoever was sending it would surely get my name right.

:confused:

Man of Honour
It has a transmitter embedded in the mechanism. Destroy the watch immediately, to be safe, throw it into a local lake or river.

Oldest trick in the book.

Associate
Phaser said:
Can't be a present either as whoever was sending it would surely get my name right. :confused:

Can you think of anyone that would send you a watch? If so asking them would be a good idea.

I've got stuff sent to me with the wrong name on before when i've entered it correctly on the order.

Soldato
Phaser said:
It's a no to both questions mate.

Reckon it might be someone who's got my card details somehow and guessed my first name? As my card will just have first initial on...But then why would they send it to my address...

sounds the most likely to be honest

may of tried to intercept the post , if you see a dodgy man at the end of your drive tomorrow talking to the postman go beat him with a keyboard

unless the guy you bought stuff off from here was selling lots of items in lots of places and a mix up occured

check your bank statements and stuff for sure though

Man of Honour
Malt_Vinegar said:
Seriously, if you know whats good for you, lob it from your house now!!
This man speaks the truth. Get rid of it, now. Submerge it in some form of non-falamble liquid to deactivate it, preferably water.

Soldato
Most online shops require the first order to be posted to the billing address.
I would get on to the banks & all your card issuers ASAP, Im not saying you are being defrauded but its better to be on the safe side.

It happens to a lot of people. A brand named, fairly cheap (& very ugly) watch arrives one day, then in a few days arrives a Credit Card statement for a £20,000 Rolex or somin.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Cybermyk said:
That's no good man it will still work down to a depth of 100m, you have to burn it.

The transmitter has an antenna which protrudes out from the side of the casing at the crown where there is a very slight hole, enough to allow enough water in to disable the device.

Destroy it and call the police.

Soldato
Scuzi said:
The transmitter has an antenna which protrudes out from the side of the casing at the crown where there is a very slight hole, enough to allow enough water in to disable the device.

Destroy it and call the police.

Lol, I'm laughing but still can't work out if you're ACTUALLY serious :(

Back
Top Bottom