Before I buy a WMR headset.....

Associate
Can someone just clarify that besides the headset I also need a USB BT adapter of sorts and because I only have 1 HDMI port on my 1060 I also need a display port to HDMI cable?

Thanks.

Also suggestions on which ones would be nice.

Asa

Asa

Associate
Can someone just clarify that besides the headset I also need a USB BT adapter of sorts and because I only have 1 HDMI port on my 1060 I also need a display port to HDMI cable?

Thanks.

Also suggestions on which ones would be nice.
Yes, best to get a USB extension lead as well so that you can run the blue tooth a bit closer to your play space as it helps the controller tracking a lot. Correct on the HDMI too. And some 3.5mm headphones.

Unless you can import an Odyssey(+) the WMR headsets are all pretty similar. I hear the Lenovo explorer is the most comfortable of them, but I don't think you can go far wrong with the others. I've seen the Acer at a good price on the rainforest.. .

Associate
OP
I'm looking at the Lenovo or HP, the HP being slightly cheaper both on the rain forest. Already have a 3.5mm headset either buds or full sized.

My play space will be middle of living room as that is where my PC is.

Think I might bite on the HP, it's dropped another tenner in the last 30 mins or so. So I could get setup for less than £200. The Lenovo seems to get the better reviews though.

Associate
OP
Ordered. The HP dropped another tenner so I got the whole lot for just under £175.

I've tried to measure my IPD and it seems to come in at around 65mm so hopefully that won't be an issue.

Asa

Asa

Associate
Ordered. The HP dropped another tenner so I got the whole lot for just under £175.

I've tried to measure my IPD and it seems to come in at around 65mm so hopefully that won't be an issue.
I'm not certain but I think that puts you pretty close to ideal. I'll be very interested to hear your feedback anyway, as it is all ammunition in making solid recommendations to my friends :)

Edit: Wow, I just looked up the price. It is actually a little baffling that these are not flying off the shelves.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah, saved some money buy a game or two with. First game is toss up between Arizona or Zero Calibre.

I do have the forest already looking forward to giving that a go

Associate
OP
Well it arrived. Setup 30 mins or so including downloading whatever it needed. Slight blur on the edges, i'd say most of the viewing is in focus. Impressed so far, just waiting for Steam VR to install.

Everything was going sweet until i launched the forest and nearly threw my ring up.

There's definitely a sweet spot to putting it on your head for minimal blurriness. When I get it just right the blur, which is only slight is like on the edge of the lenses

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom