Beginning with VB.NET

Associate
What would be a good book for me to start learning VB.NET?

I already know something and have made some simple softwares but I would like to start doing more advanced things now.

Can open. Worms... EVERYWHERE.

Personally, I do agree though. Especially if you're looking to turn development into a career. There are more C# jobs around (in my area at least) and C# is syntactically similar to a few other languages which would make the transition to those easier, should you want/need to.

Prepare to hear that statement a lot. And ignore it completely.

The fact is that VB.NET is the most plain English and syntactically simple of the .NET languages, and as such is the best for someone new to programing as it allows them to concentrate on learning the fundamentals of design and programming without the added complexity of needing to learn a very specific syntax.

The more about programming you know, the less important the language will become. Some languages are better suited to different situations but you can focus on that as you progress.

As for the book, I remember the in easy steps range was a concise and clear starting point. I'd recommend looking through that to get the very basics sorted then setting yourself a system to design and build through it. Any problems you can’t solve yourself, do a search on the net and see how others have approached it. Best way to learn by far IMO.

Best of luck dude :)

For Clarity : VB.NET In Easy Steps - Amazon

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom