Belinea 102035W or Philips 200W6CS?

Permabanned
In the process of finalising my cart, deciding on a new monitor (my 19" is a bit too big and I can still use it anyway if I want) The Belinea and Philips are in my price range. I've noticed the Belinea can suffer from corner backlight bleed, and perhaps the Philips isn't so pronounced. But which has the better picture quality? Both have 3 year warranty.

Last edited:
Associate
I was in pretty much the same boat.
People kept saying, yeah the belinea has bad back light bleed, but unless you sit in a dark room it aint that bad. Well I do sit in a dark room, so I went with the philips one.

Also I believe the philips one has some better scaling modes, which the belinea doesn't offer.
Really wanted an PMVA panel tho. I think the philips is SIPS.
Also the philips comes with a DVI lead, the belinea does not IIRC.

Last edited:

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I haven't seen the Belinea to compare, but when i was choosing it was between the phillips and the belinea, but the servre backlight bleed on the belinea put me off. Thankfully my phillips isn't too bad with bleed. I did post some pics in the thead on the philips too, so you can tell from them

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

I've just popped into this section to say that I've had my Philips for a couple of weeks or so and it's fantastic.
There is some backlight bleed, but to really notice it you'd have to be sat in a dark room looking at a black screen.....which is rare. If I went back in time and I had the choice again - I'd buy it in an instant.
I've seen the Belinea in a local shop (but not running), and in my opinion the Philips does look a little bit better built.

Permabanned
OP
I've decided to buy a LG 32LX2R, use for TV/DVD and gaming PC. :) Granted lower rez but I need a new TV. 32" versus 20" also

Back
Top Bottom