Benchmarking Competition - Novabench

Associate
OP
Judging by all the tests so far it seems this benchmark favours Ryzen more, any idea why?
Seems to synergistically favor high core count chips. This must be something to do with the CPU tests but can't say for sure.

Also, I'm surprised we have not seen any 12900Ks yet, those should at least do better than the 5800Xs near the top of the leader board.

Soldato
Seems to synergistically favor high core count chips. This must be something to do with the CPU tests but can't say for sure.

Also, I'm surprised we have not seen any 12900Ks yet, those should at least do better than the 5800Xs near the top of the leader board.
Need someone to try it to find out, it seems the E cores make little to no difference in this test as well.

Associate
OP
Need someone to try it to find out, it seems the E cores make little to no difference in this test as well.
My theory is that it doesn't put the CPU through a comprehensive test. I think it probably tests one core and then multiplies it depending on core count. I think hyperthreads are worth half of a core score. Hence, the higher the core count the better the score.

Soldato
My theory is that it doesn't put the CPU through a comprehensive test. I think it probably tests one core and then multiplies it depending on core count. I think hyperthreads are worth half of a core score. Hence, the higher the core count the better the score.
It might also be skipping out 'platform specific' tests which can give a processor a boost in specific areas.

Soldato
AMD 5950X (Curve optimised with +175mhz boost) rubbish beta bios F4b, F4e is even worse)
ASRock RX6800 GPU (stock, no changes) not sure whats going on with my GPU score.
32gb (4 x 8gb) Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600mhz CL16 overclocked to 3800mhz CL16'ish

hGz2Vz5.jpg

Soldato
That makes sense why the 5900 and 5950x's are scoring so high.

Associate

5900x -30 on all cores.
GPU stock

p5pb23728839.jpg

Associate
OP
Sorry guys I have not been able to update the leaderboard in a while... I simply don't have time right now - dealing with some life issues. You guys can keep posting just to keep track of your competition that way.

Back
Top Bottom