BenQ XL2730Z Freesync Owners Thread

Associate
Carta, is your games running ok now in full screen?

Yeah running perfectly, thank you. I didn't enable blur reduction before so I am getting used to the lower brightness but if freesync and blur reduction can't work together I might as well not get used to it.

Associate
OP
I was going to wait for an IPS model ,but once you see it and the fact you will be sitting right in front of it why bother ? :confused:
I cant see IPS models being cheaper than this one ,£500 is more than enough to spend but it's worth every penny so far . ;)

I agree, IPS 144hz will be £689+. £500 very well spent.

Yeah running perfectly, thank you. I didn't enable blur reduction before so I am getting used to the lower brightness but if freesync and blur reduction can't work together I might as well not get used to it.

I use Blu Reduction on fast paced games like CSGO and non Blu Reduction on all other. Arma 3 looks beautiful on max settings on this monitor.

Associate
I agree, IPS 144hz will be £689+. £500 very well spent.

I use Blu Reduction on fast paced games like CSGO and non Blu Reduction on all other. Arma 3 looks beautiful on max settings on this monitor.

I only have Arma II at the moment, but it looks good. Ill try Blur reduction on CSGO later, you have me all excited to see the difference. Do you have BF4? I haven't but I wonder how good it will look on this beast.

Associate
OP
I only have Arma II at the moment, but it looks good. Ill try Blur reduction on CSGO later, you have me all excited to see the difference. Do you have BF4? I haven't but I wonder how good it will look on this beast.

I do have BF4 but I dont have it installed.

Which game you currently play? add me to steam and we will have a few games, my stead ID is in my sig below.

Anyone recommend any games the look amazing at 1440p?

I am extremely excited to see what Freesync will offer. This monitor is making me want to get a brand new 300 AMD card to go in line with this monitor.

Associate
This monitor seems interesting but I have Nvidia cards and I'm not expecting to switch to ATI anytime soon. I'm not bothered about Freesync or Gsync but the ROGs thin bezel very much appeals to me. I heard the ROG has quite a dark colour pallet due to the matte film but I cant decide between the xl2730z, Rog Swift, acer XG277HU or possibly this Asus IPS 144hz panel although I doubt the response times will be that impressive.

Has anyone used both the ROG and the xl2730z how do the colours compare. hopefully tftcentral release a review soon, I've waited since July for this upgrade and I don't think I'll last the rest of this month.

Associate
OP
I believe the ROG panel is a Benq panel so you would think that Benq would improve it for their product, but I could be completely wrong.

It will not be long before reviews are released.

Personally I would be going to for the monitor which enables me to use all the features (Freesync/Gsync)

Associate

Which game you currently play? add me to steam and we will have a few games, my stead ID is in my sig below.

I am extremely excited to see what Freesync will offer. This monitor is making me want to get a brand new 300 AMD card to go in line with this monitor.

Ill add you when I get back Scramz

Man of Honour
I believe the ROG panel is a Benq panel so you would think that Benq would improve it for their product, but I could be completely wrong.

It will not be long before reviews are released.

Personally I would be going to for the monitor which enables me to use all the features (Freesync/Gsync)

sort of. The Asus ROG Swift PG278Q uses an AU Optronics panel. AUO are linked with benQ so it seems logical they will be using the same panel. The only things which could differ would be things like the overdrive circuit / options, blur reduction mode, factory setup etc

Associate

Just launched Bioshock Infinite and it looks amazing. Couldnt find you on steam though

Associate
Hurry up 19/03! Ive £500 burning a hole in my pocket!

do you guys think that the driver on the 19/03 is going to fix the issues surrounding 144hz?

and what are yas expecting from Free Sync?

Soldato
Hurry up 19/03! Ive £500 burning a hole in my pocket!

do you guys think that the driver on the 19/03 is going to fix the issues surrounding 144hz?

and what are yas expecting from Free Sync?

I am expecting FreeSync to offer a similar experience to G-SYNC, but I like the fact that the monitors have greater port flexibility. Moreover it seems that the range of products available with Adaptive-Sync will be far greater than with G-SYNC and that they won't demand the same sort of price premium (particularly if they offer more than a single DisplayPort).

As for the drivers AMD have confirmed that the 144Hz issues will be fixed in the upcoming driver.

Associate
Bf4 looks like a new game ultra settings ,125 Fps plus in all its glory .
Heroes of the Storm looks stunning and i havent done much tweaking so far .:cool:
Free sync will be a bonus ,if i could another 2 of these on the desk i would .:eek:

Back
Top Bottom